advice on M3 buying please

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
having a look at the dark side so any advice on what to look and lookout for

Make sure it has had the bearing recall done, also the most common thing to go is the diff..and to check drive the car slowly and make tight right and left turns, you'll hear a strange noise and if severe it'll feel like the back end is a bit losse! was a 2k job on mine , thank god for warranty!

Thanks.....did you mean loose?

Take one for a long drive on a variety of roads, before make your decision. I was left feeling its an over hyper car to be honest.
I drove a 55 reg model, on a fast smooth A road I know well and thought it was good, went on to a bumpy b road (I know very well and travel down most days) and it didnt feel that quick or good at all, back end did not have enough grip and could not get the power down due to its lackof rear suspension travel - could not keep up with my 7 month pregnant sister driving my Subaru Impreza (running approx 280 bhp) ! On a damp road it was terrible, didnt think much to the brakes to be honest either.

Richard

If you want advice on the M3, look on their forum instead of boring us with something of no concern to Audi People
http://www.m3forum.com/
And if you don't like the response, try to ask for Audi advice on the BMW forum

mavala said:
If you want advice on the M3, look on their forum instead of boring us with something of no concern to Audi People

Aren't you really helpful

mavala said:
So what else would a `other brands and models` section be for then???:aggressive: If you dont want to talk about `other brands and models` DONT FECKING READ IT!

voorhees said:
Was also going to suggest checking out the rear diff when looking at one, a friend of mine also had his go wrong under warranty??? Seems to be a weak point...other than that though its a cracking motor.:icon_thumright: :cool:

make sure its had its 1500 mile running in service, if its not been done by a certain point bmw will void the warrenty, if you get the chassis number and reg you can email bmw uk and they will email details back to you

voorhees said:

I'd look out for a nice S3, S4,RS4 ,,, don't do it!!:icon_thumright:

Essentially ensure it's had all services done when the maintenance regime calls for them, or invalidates the warranty. have heard horror stories about things going wrong due to the 1500 service not being carried out...