Advice on options and build week after order.

J14

Reaction score
I decided to take the plunge and ordered the car this week.

A3 sportback s line cod 150 s tronic
Glacier white
Comfort pack- parking plus
Interior light pack
Hill hold assist
Sd card navigation
Reverse camera
Privacy glass

How soon after placing the order will you be told of the build week?
There are only two additional options I'm considering which are the led lights and one of tech packs but may only be able to add one of these options. Anybody any views on which would be the better option to add? Has anyone any experience of adding options after an order has been place, can further discount still be achieved?
With the price increase due on 1st October would adding extras mean that it would be treated as a new order and the addition price increase applied or would the options be added to the price that was agreed on the order form?

Thanks
J

If you go for the tech pack you won't need the Sd card navigation meaning you will save on that but fork out an additional £1k on top.
I think the tech pack with sim card is a bit ott.

To give balance, I suggest the LED lights are well worth it. 2nd only to B&O in the list of features that give me the greatest daily pleasure.
Just shows how everyone is different and how tough it is to spec your options.

Reactions: glospete
But can I suggest, rather than kicking off yet another LED v Xenon and SD v Tech pack discussion, please refer to the many other threads on these topics!

I have the LED headlights and wish I spent £750 elsewhere to be fair.

They look great with the turn signals built in to the DRL but illumination and projection up the road appears to be poorer and at best no better than the standard Xenons.

I have the LED headlights and wish I spent £750 elsewhere to be fair.

They look great with the turn signals built in to the DRL but illumination and projection up the road appears to be poorer and at best no better than the standard Xenons.

That's pretty much what I was told when ordering, so opted for the super sports seats instead.

I added many options after I placed my order with the dealer and he gave me the same % discount on them - in fact I changed from a Sport to an S-Line so quite a dramatic change of spec. But it's an interesting point re the timing and I'm not sure about the price increase. I'm guessing that providing you sort it all out before 1 October you'll be fine but as for adding options after that date you'll really need to ask your dealer.