Advice on retrofitting MIB1 High or MIB2 Standard?

Well, no.

The correct MIB2 MMI units sell for around £500-£600. However, this is the first element of what is needed.

..and they certainly don't sell the one you have bought for £500 or £1k. You'll find out why in due course.
Totally unrelated but even my VC for a seat Leon mk3 I got for £375 fitted myself. Meanwhile people tryna make £500+ profit on one sale it's actually silly

Totally unrelated but even my VC for a seat Leon mk3 I got for £375 fitted myself. Meanwhile people tryna make £500+ profit on one sale it's actually silly

It's called a business. Businesses can choose what they want to charge, and people can choose what they want to buy.

Reactions: pxuL
why would u even do it?? u think car will be or run any better ?

You're back again! How many times have you been banned and re-registered now? 4 I think? Chopped again, until next time...

• Haha
Reactions: pxuL, rhubarb4, alpesh26 and 1 other person
I was able to get the MMI MIB1 HIGH media unit and MMI interface dash panel for £515 and a new screen from Germany for £274. So not too bad going. I’ll get someone to code it near me to work.

That will complete my upgrade and then get that wireless car play unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi
Can you please share the part numbers? Want to do the same as this 5.8 is a little smaller than my phone:))) How does this android box feel after some use you did? Is everything ok?
Thanks

You'll need the FL BO amp yes, otherwise you lose some functionality such as subwoofer control.
Subwoofer control works as well as balance, but all other controls are lost.
Bass, treble, surround, gala, none are there. Would like to know if it's possible to get those for full gen 1 compatibility.

Subwoofer control works as well as balance, but all other controls are lost.
Bass, treble, surround, gala, none are there. Would like to know if it's possible to get those for full gen 1 compatibility.

Nope, you need the Gen 2 BO amplifier.

Nope, you need the Gen 2 BO amplifier.
There are VW/Seat MIB 2 units that run the slower MOST speeds, which are fully compatible with 1st gen amps. It's probably possible, just need parameters/datasets to examine.
Audi's MIB 2 run on faster MOST but are able to run on lower speeds (hence why gen 1 amp works partially).
The later MIB 2.5 units were upgraded to have the faster speeds.

Let us know how you get on..

Seems a bit weird to bother when its fairly easy to fit the right tried and tested stuff but horses for courses

Let us know how you get on..

Seems a bit weird to bother when its fairly easy to fit the right tried and tested stuff but horses for courses
There's always a risk of buying a stolen unit and there's no (public) component protection patch for the amplifier (because VAG will likely never lift the block unless ordered by the police to do so!). Plus, the units are quite expensive (almost as expensive as a cheap MIB 2 High/Highscale!).