Advice on some parts.. grill/splitter/spoiler/alloys

What to buy first?

• Total voters

Mike2114

Reaction score
Hey,

Got an idea of a few bits I'd like to buy (and eventually get round to fitting!) but just wondered if anyone had, had experience of buying any of these parts/dealing with any of these sellers..

1) Honeycomb grill - Seen loads on eBay but which seller is best to buy from? / Should I just fork out £200 on a X-UK one?
2) Front splitter - Makes the front look really aggressive. Again, anyone bought one from eBay? I really like this style one from maxton design but I think the logo is etched in.. which I don't really like..
3) Spoiler - Not sure on these, as the car does have a slight lip to it anyway, but a carbon effect version of this could be cool, although they don't show any pictures of it on a car which is annoying.
4) Also would quite like some Wolfrace Genesis Alloys / Genuine Black Edition ones (Unlikely I can afford :tired:) -not really asking for advice but if anyone is selling or knows where to buy cheap then let me know!

Any help is much appreciated! :grin:

Pics of your car to help us decide?

Here's a couple :)

vZLNDf9.jpg

o7bxvqn.jpg

Reactions: DieselJake
Sorry I voted for food :bearface:

Grill first, I wouldn't go for the dearest as the ones on eBay are generally good and mine fit perfect for the £150 posted

Front splitter is a deff I also like the maxton S4 one, looks a good price and gloss black finish ready to fit, going to purchase one myself shortly

Spoiler bigger the better, The only regret I have with having an avant is I can't stick a wing on it, yet

Alloys I'd go for 19"s of some sort as I had 20s and it killed the ride while your on the wheels a ride hight drop is deff required and along with the grill this will prob make the biggest difference to the look of your motor, go as low as you can imo

Good luck pics of any changes are required

Chop

Reactions: RS5 JON
Sorry I voted for food :bearface:

Grill first, I wouldn't go for the dearest as the ones on eBay are generally good and mine fit perfect for the £150 posted

Front splitter is a deff I also like the maxton S4 one, looks a good price and gloss black finish ready to fit, going to purchase one myself shortly

Spoiler bigger the better, The only regret I have with having an avant is I can't stick a wing on it, yet

Alloys I'd go for 19"s of some sort as I had 20s and it killed the ride while your on the wheels a ride hight drop is deff required and along with the grill this will prob make the biggest difference to the look of your motor, go as low as you can imo

Good luck pics of any changes are required

Chop

Haha it's an equally as valid option as the others so couldn't miss it out!!

Any particular eBay supplier you'd recommend or is it all the same stock at the end of the day?

I do really like the splitter, going to email and ask if that logo is a sticker or not though, ruins the sleekness!

I'm still not 100% on the spoiler, want to see a picture with that one on someones car then I can decide.

Are 19"s still a comfortable ride? I really do want the black edition style alloys but so much money for something, that knowing my luck, I'd have kerbed within a week haha

Pics will come, all in due course! Early days :sunglasses:

Reactions: Chop.
Alloys, then grille.

A good set of alloys totally changes the look of any car, 19's will be fine on your A4. :rock:

JG

Reactions: Mike2114 and Chop.
Alloys, then grille.

A good set of alloys totally changes the look of any car, 19's will be fine on your A4. :rock:

JG

Can get the splitter, front grill and spoiler for less than the cost of alloys is my only reservation.. As much as I do want new alloys!

One thing you'll find is nothing on these are cheap, Iv never had a massive budget but eventually you get through what you want, there's always a way

Reactions: RS5 JON
I've got the Maxton design splitter in Gloss black an the fitment is good. The Maxton logo is just a stick on badge that peals off Make sure you get S4 specific splitter and not the SLine one as the fitment is better. Not sure how good their carbon finish is though.

I've got the Maxton design splitter in Gloss black an the fitment is good. The Maxton logo is just a stick on badge that peals off Make sure you get S4 specific splitter and not the SLine one as the fitment is better. Not sure how good their carbon finish is though.

Oh awesome that's good to know, thanks! Ah right didn't know that, thought they were all A4/S4 fit. You got a pic of your one on?

@Macdoon says I can't view that image unfortunately!

Can get the splitter, front grill and spoiler for less than the cost of alloys is my only reservation.. As much as I do want new alloys!

Your probably right mate, there are some goods deals to be found on wheels if you are willing to wait and shop around, keep an eye on the classified section on here as members do tend to sell them to each other a little bit cheaper.

JG

Your probably right mate, there are some goods deals to be found on wheels if you are willing to wait and shop around, keep an eye on the classified section on here as members do tend to sell them to each other a little bit cheaper.

JG

Yeah or I looked at some sites which offer 0% finance.. that could be another option. But thanks for heads up, I'll keep an eye on that!

So I think I want the grill first.. although still waiting for some more votes haha

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
Haha it's an equally as valid option as the others so couldn't miss it out!!

Any particular eBay supplier you'd recommend or is it all the same stock at the end of the day?

I do really like the splitter, going to email and ask if that logo is a sticker or not though, ruins the sleekness!

I'm still not 100% on the spoiler, want to see a picture with that one on someones car then I can decide.

Are 19"s still a comfortable ride? I really do want the black edition style alloys but so much money for something, that knowing my luck, I'd have kerbed within a week haha

Pics will come, all in due course! Early days :sunglasses:

Yeh just look about on eBay really and see what's there I didn't go with anyone specific just found a grill I liked with plenty pictures and a price I was happy with

As above 19s will be spot on

You going to lower it any ?

Yeh just look about on eBay really and see what's there I didn't go with anyone specific just found a grill I liked with plenty pictures and a price I was happy with

As above 19s will be spot on

You going to lower it any ?

I'll have to have a look then and hope I find a good seller haha!

Hmm im struggling being able to justify spending the money on 18's let alone even more on 19's!

Hmm I've never lowered a car before but may look into it with the A4 as I think it would make the stance meaner. Depends how easy / expensive it is to do I suppose.

I went for an ebay £150 grille and a universal rhino splitter for the front end.

It was cheap and looks pretty factory in my opinion which is kinda what I was looking for.

Pic on my build thread if you wanna see.

John

Reactions: Chop., RS5 JON and xpoweruk
I went for an ebay £150 grille and a universal rhino splitter for the front end.

It was cheap and looks pretty factory in my opinion which is kinda what I was looking for.

Pic on my build thread if you wanna see.

John

Thanks John!

I have heard about the Rhino splitters before, just had a look and is subtle upgrade but looks good! I guess from the likes that others agree too, will have to look into it more!

In other news, grill was ordered last night, so excited to get that on

Great stuff.

The grille is probably the single best front end mod you can do in my opinion!

If you do go rhino splitter I would recommend doing it the same time as the grille. its a bit fiddley to get it to sit right unless you have access to a ramp or have the bumper off the car.

I had to tweak it once on as it didn't follow the line I wanted it to perfectly at first fit but its simple enough to do.

Reactions: Mike2114
rhino lip on mine also, cant fault it but i am changing to a maxton one soon

I'd go alloys / possibly lower springs (depending on the arch gap) first , then grill.

Reactions: Mike2114
cheers bud its been a thing of contraversy on here my front plate but its gaining popularity after a couple of years :tearsofjoy: as side plates seem to be getting more popular

its L brackets through fog grill and bent 90 then bolted on, plate is on with double sided tape on the brackets and some behind the plate at the top on the bumper

Plate holder

Reactions: xpoweruk
I'd go alloys / possibly lower springs (depending on the arch gap) first , then grill.

lowering is a must in my book too, even if its just springs it will make a big difference to the look even with the standard wheels

Reactions: Mike2114 and LukeyC
lowering is a must in my book too, even if its just springs it will make a big difference to the look even with the standard wheels

Totally agree with this Chop. I think if you start whacking a grill / spoiler / splitter on before the wheels / gap is sorted it will look terrible.

Just my opinion of course :)

Totally agree with this Chop. I think if you start whacking a grill / spoiler / splitter on before the wheels / gap is sorted it will look terrible.

Just my opinion of course :)

deff agree mate i did a few bits and pieces to mine before i done the springs ( think i was just putting it off as i was doing it myself ) and after id dropped it i couldnt believe how much it changed the look of the car, if i was doing again would deff be at the top of my list

granted i have completely wrecked the " family " car :tearsofjoy:

cheers bud its been a thing of contraversy on here my front plate but its gaining popularity after a couple of years :tearsofjoy: as side plates seem to be getting more popular

its L brackets through fog grill and bent 90 then bolted on, plate is on with double sided tape on the brackets and some behind the plate at the top on the bumper

View attachment 132508

I'm gonna be buying a spare grille section and making myself one for shows etc I reckon. If i like it I may adopt it full time!

Thanks for the image, helps get my head around the fitment nicely

I'm gonna be buying a spare grille section and making myself one for shows etc I reckon. If i like it I may adopt it full time!

Thanks for the image, helps get my head around the fitment nicely

no problem if you need any more pics just let me know

i couldnt be bothered with the plate on and off or the plate in the window that everyone seems to do and then theres the getting stopped by police etc so this seemed to be a good permenant and good looking solution in my eyes anyway, once you get over the evo and alpha comments :tearsofjoy:

i think it looks the baws :sunglasses:

the plate though is an 8" x 6" so not technically road legal either but with the legal font and spacing i'v never had any bother in the last 2 years

I have a load of neodium magnets which are ridiculously strong which I may attempt to use to make a sort of easy invisible on off set up.

I already have a plan which I think might work out perfectly and look nice... and be cheap!

granted i have completely wrecked the " family " car :tearsofjoy:[/QUOTE]

I've had similar recently from my other half

"It's not really a family car now is it"

Course it is! It's a diesel estate car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro, Chop. and johnny_584
I'm waiting for just that from the mrs!

Lowering is booked in with a tech from work on tuesday/wednesday next week!

granted i have completely wrecked the " family " car :tearsofjoy:

I've had similar recently from my other half

"It's not really a family car now is it"

Course it is! It's a diesel estate car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for just that from the mrs!

Lowering is booked in with a tech from work on tuesday/wednesday next week!

once you get the custom system on it you cant really hear her or the kids anyway :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: johnny_584
I have a load of neodium magnets which are ridiculously strong which I may attempt to use to make a sort of easy invisible on off set up.

I already have a plan which I think might work out perfectly and look nice... and be cheap!

looking forward to seeing it done

View attachment 132508

Plate ordered! ;)

Ok so lowering.. what do I do? Any recommendations on which springs to buy? Is it a garage job? I do wanna get it done!

Eibachs retain the more comfort vs H&R from what I've read

Ok thanks guys, I'll have a look! Any specific measurements I should be looking for or do they need to be A4 B8 specific?

Edit: Would these be the right ones for my car?

Eibach E10-15-011-01-22 Performance Pro-Kit Springs

Amazon product

Last edited: