Advice on used A4 please!

Spacer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Seen an Sline A4 on eBay I'm interested in and would be travelling from Northern Ireland to purchase it (provided it's still there whilst I post this and await responses). Whilst I've had 4 A4's and 2 Audi 80's I'm not a mechanic and don't have a trained eye. I'd really appreciate any feedback/tips/advice you guys could offer me on what to look for/look out for/avoid etc. I'm competent enough and know a bit but always eager to learn more.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, if not apologies in advance mods, but here it is....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-S...861548?hash=item33cdaae6ac:g:QhsAAOSwjqVZBfco

Thanks!

When was the cambelt last done on it? They are due every 5 years or 80k, whichever comes first. has 140k nearly, worth checking it was done.
Rust in the arches on some because water doesnt drain, they have revised mud flaps or something simular now to combat that but give it a good check.
Wheel bearings seem reeeeaaaly common, so listen hard for whining from any corner on your test drive.
Cant think of anything else on the Diesels to be honest, mine isnt far off that mileage and has cost me a bomb in the last year in replacement bits and bobs, so deffo ask for what works been done

When was the cambelt last done on it? They are due every 5 years or 80k, whichever comes first. has 140k nearly, worth checking it was done.
Rust in the arches on some because water doesnt drain, they have revised mud flaps or something simular now to combat that but give it a good check.
Wheel bearings seem reeeeaaaly common, so listen hard for whining from any corner on your test drive.
Cant think of anything else on the Diesels to be honest, mine isnt far off that mileage and has cost me a bomb in the last year in replacement bits and bobs, so deffo ask for what works been done

Thanks mate.

Cam belt was done around 100k apparently with a full service history. I note from a HPI check it was a fleet car to 2014 90k (BVRLA) so I am assuming it would have been highly maintained during that period. Current owner said that the car was in excellent condition inside and out with no rips, tears, marks on the interior and no dents etc outside. I guess I'll just have to apply a lot of common sense and call on the old gut instinct when I get a drive in her. So far I've a good feeling. I am aware it is coming 8 year old and has 135k so it isn't new and there will be issues. It's just about minimising those issues as much as possible I guess.

I'll update this post if I take it with an update.