Advice please

Reaction score
Hi put a set of these wheels on today.then I read something about the wheels can only be fitted with mag suspension which I haven't got can I still run the wheels

You will be fine. You can only spec them with mag ride but no reason they can't be fitted. I'm sure it's because Audi feel the ride may be too firm on 19's without mag ride. How do you find the ride with them compared to standard?

Hi put a set of these wheels on today.then I read something about the wheels can only be fitted with mag suspension which I haven't got can I still run the wheelsView attachment 59085
As an aside I see you have fitted mud flaps - do you have a side picture to show what they look like as I am in two minds for my new S Line when it arrives shortly?

I have these on our new car and previous A3 saloon and both of them didn't have Mag Ride,unless this is just a requirement on A3 3 door and sportback.

I done a couple of miles with the new wheels on everything seemed fine. A side picture of the car to show mud flaps as requested.sorry about the picture quality

the wheels look nice!

have you sprayed your phone in Ribena?

Last edited:
Reactions: sjbarneS3, daydotz, The Challinor and 1 other person
You'll be fine. I'm 40mm lower than you on 19's and it rides better than standard. I think Audi just have a lot of mag suspension kits sat on their shelf's. Tyre pressures can effect this however.

Nice looking car BTW!

Re blemishes on pics, I wondered if the mudflaps were perhaps not doing a very good job?

Any pics of your mudflaps from rear when I put mine on the rear wheels stick out beyond edge of flap have you noticed this it's really notisable if you look down side of car ?

Any pics of your mudflaps from rear when I put mine on the rear wheels stick out beyond edge of flap have you noticed this it's really notisable if you look down side of car ?
Yes my rear wheels come out past the rear mudflaps I will take a picture In the morning

I imagine it's an iPhone 5 which at some point has been dropped and now has tiny dust particles between the outer case and camera lens (I had similar but only one mark!)

Wheels look good! :)

I imagine it's an iPhone 5 which at some point has been dropped and now has tiny dust particles between the outer case and camera lens (I had similar but only one mark!)

Wheels look good! :)
Yes it's an iPhone 5 think it's time to upgrade the iPhone shopping trip tomorrow

Reactions: The Challinor
Yes it's an iPhone 5 think it's time to upgrade the iPhone shopping trip tomorrow

Design flaw and they can't replace the camera parts like you could on older iPhones - means you have to buy a new phone! Just as well it's upgrade time :)

Wheels look great Good choice. I'm glad I chose them on mine.

Design flaw and they can't replace the camera parts like you could on older iPhones - means you have to buy a new phone! Just as well it's upgrade time :)[
Wheels look great Good choice. I'm glad I chose them on mine.
have u lowered your car thinking of getting a set of lowering springs I feel it's sitting slightly high

Mines on Mag ride and pretty happy with it as standard at the mo but I've only had the car since 1st May.

Ain't there a law that the tyres cannot stick out further then the arches?

Think that's why the old RS3 had little mud flaps fitted to it.

I believe it is legislated. However, I'll bet the top/ front of the arch actually has it covered. Its amazing how much pok you get looking from the back if you try and get the wheel near the limit at the top. Thats why I havent gone all the way with spacers.

I believe it is legislated. However, I'll bet the top/ front of the arch actually has it covered. Its amazing how much pok you get looking from the back if you try and get the wheel near the limit at the top. Thats why I havent gone all the way with spacers.
Th
yes the wheel still sits up inside the wheel arches under load at rear