advice required 2.0tdi issues

Jama665

Reaction score
Cars a 2.0tdi cr 170 2010.

It seems to be getting worse lately. Looked on the net but can't find anything that seems the same.

Started with judder when pulling away

Then an occasional slight wobble on idle that would just stop after a short time

Now it wobbles on idle almost all the time kinda like a miss fire. Can see as it makes the drive belt tensioner kicks until it settles out and idles smooth. Really bad when cold to the point ( I think) the tensioner hits it's stop and knocks

Now the hp deisel pump seems to have a clicking noise when revs are picked up.

No dash lights at all.

Any ideas.

Possible
injector
Tandum pump
Hp pump

Not sure what symptoms each one failing would give

Any advice would be appreciated

I think they have hydraulic engine mounts. If one of those is a bit duff it could cause vibrations I think.

Could be the one way pulley on the alternator. common issue on lots of different engines. Can make the engine sound like the big end bearings have gone when idling.

Ok so Eml has come on now. Hp Pumps getting louder. Will get codes off and see what they say. Was hoping there's a common rail guru in here. Doesn't seem to be much info on the cr engines online at all only stuff regarding the older pd engines

Can someone tell me the specs for the common rail pressures. There's a rapid fluctuation during rough idle compared to smooth idle. Wondering if it's an issue with the fuel pressure regulator.

Attachments

• 20160901_092905.jpg
    20160901_092905.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 103
The picture shows the rail pressure, showing rough idle then smooth idle