Advise Please !

jamiep1986

Reaction score
Hi

I know this topic has been covered in other threads but i cannot seem to find a definitive answer for my exact question. The 2 pictures below of the Audi A3 are identical to my car. I am wanting to install a S3 diffuser to my car.

I am aware that i need a sline bumper to install a sline diffuser and that certain diffuser require certain bumpers,such as sport back would not fit on this car and so on. Just from looking at the picture of the S3 below ,is there a difference between the top section of the rear bumper. When i search ebay for an S3 rear bumper, i cannot find any. Is this because the top half is the same as the A3 or they are quite rare and only pop up now and again.

I no waffled on a bit so my question is, will ( s3 diffuser below) fit onto my Audi a3 2004 3dr hatchback.Is it a case of replacing the lower half of the bumper. If not do i need to get a whole new S3 3dr hatchback rear bumper.

Any advise would be great

cheers

j

Attachments

• audi_a3.jpg
    audi_a3.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 166
  • media.jpg
    media.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 130
  • s3.JPG
    s3.JPG
    561.7 KB · Views: 138
  • media (1).jpg
    media (1).jpg
    2 KB · Views: 136
Hi

Yes the S3 diffuser will fit your current bumper.

The top half of a S3 is the same as a sline bumper.
Just the diffusers are different.

Thanks for the quick reply mate. So i assume its a simple swap. That is great. I can go ahead and order
cheers

May need to take the bumper off to make it easier,
But it should be few screws and clips that need undoing

May be worth looking for a s line bumper. Did it to mine and it makes a big difference once all completed.
Only cost around £50 for the bumper then roughly £100 to get the lot painted.

I thought an Sline bumper had a different diffuser on the bottom. I did not think an s3 diffuser would fit. Is this what you mean??

Attachments

• slinew.JPG
    slinew.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 137
The only difference is mate the bumper strip. The s3 bumper don't have a bumper strip so a clean all in one look with the diffuser.

03-08 sline uppers were the same as S3's & can fit S3 valances from 06-12, the 08-12 slines aren't compatible with S3 valances as they made sline bumpers a one piece part with an grill insert.

If you have an sline bumper 03-08 with the line divider that seperates the valance from the upper, then it will fit any S3 valance from the same car type eg. 3 or 5dr, the 3/5dr valances aren't interchangeable as they're different sizes.