Aeb tuning

Browett1982

Reaction score
Morning
I have a a4 b5 1.8t aeb I have a k04 and 369cc injectors I wish to put on but been struggling to find someone who will tune it after? 1 tuner advised a piggy back ecu but he doesn't have the time to do it he says is this a option to improve my chances of getting it tuned any advise would be greatly appreciated tia

I have an unlocked Audi A3 ecu with an rtech map these are mapped for Saab red injectors and a vr6 maf your for the princely sum of £100
It should work for your apply

Reactions: Browett1982
Thanks will do some research as didn't think it was as yeah mine is me5 and so struggling to find a tuner at min

When you say immobiliser tweak in what sense?? As won't it still be a bench map job??

disabled usually. The A3 immo code doesnt seem to play well with the A4 cluster. It might work on an earlier A4.

What year is your car? Is it front wheel drive?

Any tuner suggesting piggyback stuff wants avoiding.

If its a front-wheel drive car with a two plug ECU, then A3 AGU ecu and off to RTech or Unicorn for a tune.

yeh theres not many folk around with the skills to map these older cars. Most local tuners are simply reselling other folks code these days, and with newer flashable cars thats easy peasy. The reseller doesnt really need any technical knowledge, they just plug in a tool and press go.

With the older ECUs, its more involved, as the factory ECU cannot be flashed, it would have to be chipped like the old days. However the AGU A3 ECU mentioned above bolts right in, and CAN be flashed, solving that part of the problem.

If you have a '97 car its right on the change over, but should have a 2 plug ECU. You can confirm either by scanning with VCDS to get the part number of the ECU, or pull the cover of the ECU box and check the plugs.

As i said above RTech and Unicorn are both experts with these engines and will have no issue mapping it, once equipped with the A3 ECU.

R tech have moved on to the tfsi so dont really bother with 1.8t I know this as I'm local to r tech and so Know Nik gower but that's for the heads up

yeh theres not many folk around with the skills to map these older cars. Most local tuners are simply reselling other folks code these days, and with newer flashable cars thats easy peasy. The reseller doesnt really need any technical knowledge, they just plug in a tool and press go.

With the older ECUs, its more involved, as the factory ECU cannot be flashed, it would have to be chipped like the old days. However the AGU A3 ECU mentioned above bolts right in, and CAN be flashed, solving that part of the problem.

If you have a '97 car its right on the change over, but should have a 2 plug ECU. You can confirm either by scanning with VCDS to get the part number of the ECU, or pull the cover of the ECU box and check the plugs.

As i said above RTech and Unicorn are both experts with these engines and will have no issue mapping it, once equipped with the A3 ECU.
If I get ecu code tonight will you be able advise better if Agu is the way to go

I'm sure niki will still map your 1.8T, hes not binned them off completely.

Yeh get your ECU part number and we can see if the AGU one is a straight plug in.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• received_10155718117293998.jpeg
    received_10155718117293998.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 394
I'm sure niki will still map your 1.8T, hes not binned them off completely.

Yeh get your ECU part number and we can see if the AGU one is a straight plug in.

Attachments

• received_10155718117293998.jpeg
    received_10155718117293998.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 299
018CJ is a good choice, yes.

Anyone that knows what they're doing can map it, yes. But like i say, most mappers arent tuners. They simply flash on some standard off the shelf code that someone else wrote. Which is fine if you have a standard "Stage 1" or "stage 2" type mods but once you get into different turbos and injectors etc, folk need to know what they're doing.

Go speak to RTech and see what they say. If they refuse, try Unicorn or MRC.

I'd rule out R-Tech, I contacted them about mine and they didn't want to get involved at all. Can partly understand their resistance though

Mines being looked at currently through some mappers my brother deals with through his work with a dyno company. Once cracked they may be able to then offer their services. Problem with favours though I'm at the bottom of the list in favour of paying customers.

Trp in birmingham I've been told to try by a friend Phil Cooper runs it now. Would say cc tuning Burton but they advised piggy back ecu then said they don't do after market ecu work. Are psi any good??

018CJ is a good choice, yes.

Anyone that knows what they're doing can map it, yes. But like i say, most mappers arent tuners. They simply flash on some standard off the shelf code that someone else wrote. Which is fine if you have a standard "Stage 1" or "stage 2" type mods but once you get into different turbos and injectors etc, folk need to know what they're doing.

Go speak to RTech and see what they say. If they refuse, try Unicorn or MRC.
Is 06A 906 018 Cg will this ecu work and any good??

In theory its just a case of matching to the clocks, but it doesnt always work. Certain clocks appear to be incompatible with the immo code used on the A3/Golf ECU's and the pairing doesnt work. At which point the immo needs disabled instead.

You might have luck matching your older cluster, or you can just save the hassle and have the immo deleted.

I've found someone to code them but not to delete immobiliser that's all

Friend of mine coded the Golf ECU with the immobiliser data from the original. Was surprised it worked first time out considering nothing else has gone to plan.

Reactions: Browett1982
I've found someone to code them but not to delete immobiliser that's all
I know a fella that can immo delete, he even immo deleted my spare AJL ecu if you want me to forward his number?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's case I've not fitted the injectors or k04 yet so didn't want be driving to far if I need to fit before travelling as I imagine be issues other wise. But it is still a option

He can't get a tune file for the ko4 set up on A4, only the ko3 but he can still immo delete for an AGU ECU, and you can try Rick heard good things about that guy

That's fine immo delete is what I need as a starting block what's he charge and where is he please

He's done a few of mine for £40, just immo delete though

And he's located in Essex area