AFS bi-xenon retrofit

Finder

Reaction score
I'm preparing to retrofit bi-xenons with AFS on my 2006 A3 base model LHD, been buying parts slowly for almost a year now, and I believe I have almost everything that's needed, but I need the experts help with wiring.
Parts:
-Two headlights with bulbs: 8P0 941 004 AE and 8P0 941 003 AE
-Two ballast units: 8E0941329A
-Two headlight plug adapters
-One control module for AFS: 4L0907357
-Front and rear level sensors
-cable harness to link the control module to the sensors, headlights and to the car.

Unfortunately this last cable is my biggest problem. I purchased it from an eBay seller in Germany (Tuning Fanatics) and they sent me the wrong cable twice now. The control module plug on the cable does not fit. I believe it's because they sent me the non-AFS version.
Since now I don't believe that I can ever get a correct cable from them, I was wondering if there is any way to modify this existing cable and then just replace the connector cover with the correct one for this control module.
Here's some pics:
As you can see on this end the plug is wider and it can't go all the way in.
20131203_174017.jpg

This is as far as it will go.
20131203_174143.jpg

If I could have the AFS wiring details for this plug and all the wires in the loom, I could check and see if I can use this or not.

Last edited:
What is stopping it going further? Is the plug body a different shape? Is there a blanking pin on the plug? I think you made need to raise the light blue handle, no?

Here's how the wiring is done on the harness that I have:

26 pin connector:
1-(none)
2-black/white
3-blue/yellow
4-black/white
5-blue/yellow
6-blue
7-blue
8-(none)
9-(none)
10-black
11-brown
12-brown
13to22-(none)
23-red
24-brown
25-black
26-(none)

And here are the wiring instructions I got from the seller, translated from german using using Google translate:

Connection diagram:
Red - Green line fuse SC5 The fuse box is located
on the driver's side terminal 15
Brown - line mass
Black / White wire goes to the diagnostic interface J533 to the 20pin connector
Pin 16
Blue / Yellow wire goes to the diagnostic interface J533 to the 20pin connector
Pin 6
Left Xenon Headlight:
Black / white Pin1
Blue / Yellow Pin2
Left sensor for ALWR driver's side front G78 :
The cable with the cable colors brown, black and blue is in the driver side wheel well
laid. After the cable is routed into the wheel well the supplied 4-pin
Use connector.
Brown Pin1
Black pin2
Blue Pin4
Right Xenon Headlight:
Black / white Pin1
Blue / Yellow Pin2
Left sensor for ALWR driver's side rear G76 :
The cable with the cable colors brown, red and yellow is back in the driver's side wheel well
laid. After the cable is routed into the wheel well the supplied 4-pin
Use connector.
Brown Pin1
Black pin2
Blue Pin4

Does anyone know if these connections are correct for AFS headlights?
If they are then I can go to Audi and buy the correct control module connector, which I was told by them that it should be blue for AFS, and replace the existing black one.

Last edited:
Nigel (NHN) would be the person on here best equipped to answer this for you, Finder. Might be worth sending him a PM as he is the ASN Oracle with all things electrical and modwise. If he gives you advice, it will be 100% correct. :yes: Hope you get your AFS lights working, it's a great thing to have! Paula xx

Yes, I know Nigel is the retrofit guru :yes: as I've seen a lot of his posts.
I just hope he will have some time to help me. I already sent him a PM, yesterday.