After market parking sensors

BH1983

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just bought an 2017 A3 Saloon Black Edition. It came with all the mod cons.......except parking sensors! So I need to look at getting some fitted.

I've had a quote from one company that's £499 for front and rear but they've said it won't be connected to the MMI system, it will just be a buzzer and there would be a switch to activate the fronts.

My question is; is it possible to have after market sensors that work with the MMI i.e. it comes up on the screen and shows you how close you are, and do I have to have a switch to activate the front ones??

Can anyone recommend any companies in the midlands that do fitting?

Thanks!

My car has no front sensors and when I was looking for retrofitting I found this website. Haven't used it but it looks like they fit genuine components.

I personally would save some money and fit OEM sensors so everything works as it should, without compatibility issues.

I had them fit a reverse camera a few years back they came out, fitted and programmed it in the the MMI system. Can’t fault it.

My car has no front sensors and when I was looking for retrofitting I found this website. Haven't used it but it looks like they fit genuine components.

I personally would save some money and fit OEM sensors so everything works as it should, without compatibility issues.

Their prices look great, this other place wanted £499 for front and rear not plugged into the MMI and another £499 for a camera! It look like they're charging about £800 and it's plugged into the MMI! Thanks for the link!

No problem at all. I wanted to use them but found it's way cheaper in my home country so I will do it once I'm back home for holidays.
You can post the outcome if you decide to go ahead with them, I'm curious about the final results.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Ping me a whatsapp as we can supply, fit factory sensors to the. mmi