After the Two Buckets and the Drying ...

nkdublu

Reaction score
I have tried to read up on "Quick Detailers" and the more I read, the more I understand and the less I know what I should be doing :)

Basically I bought a new car and had the GTechniq Crystal Serum applied to it. I now want to try and keep it looking shinny and new as possible, so I have been using the GTechniq snow and shampoo which leaves the car nice and clean, but I would like to try and make it shinier. A "Quick Detailer" appears to be the thing to use but which one as I am not looking for cleaning or protection coating just a shiny / glossy finish.

The GTechniq quick detailer would be the obvious one to go with but it doesn't seem to get great reviews and I am too much of a coward to try using the GTechniq Liquid Crystal as has been suggested elsewhere. Aside from which Im quite happy to look outside the GTechniq box.

So given that the only requirements would be not to impact the Crystal Serum coating whilst being forgiving to the amateur that is applying it what would anyone recommend?

Thanks.

I had a Gyeon coating put on mine, the detailer suggested either Gyeon's own QD or Nanolex Final Finish as that is apparently fine over quartz coatings. Not used it yet though as I haven't felt the need. Might be worth a go if you don't like the Gtechniq one?

I have tried to read up on "Quick Detailers" and the more I read, the more I understand and the less I know what I should be doing :)

Basically I bought a new car and had the GTechniq Crystal Serum applied to it. I now want to try and keep it looking shinny and new as possible, so I have been using the GTechniq snow and shampoo which leaves the car nice and clean, but I would like to try and make it shinier. A "Quick Detailer" appears to be the thing to use but which one as I am not looking for cleaning or protection coating just a shiny / glossy finish.

The GTechniq quick detailer would be the obvious one to go with but it doesn't seem to get great reviews and I am too much of a coward to try using the GTechniq Liquid Crystal as has been suggested elsewhere. Aside from which Im quite happy to look outside the GTechniq box.

So given that the only requirements would be not to impact the Crystal Serum coating whilst being forgiving to the amateur that is applying it what would anyone recommend?

Thanks.
@nkdublu - Go the Gtechniq C2V3 route. It is so easy to apply, honestly
You've had the CS applied and using Gtechniq's shampoo & SF so my advice would be stick to Gtechniq products

Application advice on C2V3 on DW -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=302383

Reactions: Pook
I still hate quick detailers, I realise I'm in a small minority,
My wife's Mini (and my motorbike) has Nanolex Si3D and I find a good clean brings it up sparkling. I always give them a rinse with filtered water and find that leaves them a tad shinier than tap water.

You can add a wax over the coatings, but as they are designed to stop dirt sticking they will have the same effect on anything you add to their surface.

Just spent the last few hours decontaminating my new car. Korrossol, snow foam and hand dried- popped in for lunch and it's now raining!!. Need sun so I can seal it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I am listening and reading in the background.

So far everyone is suggesting a product that puts another coating on top. Is that just the way it goes?

@ChivsBang Sorry, that sucks!

Reactions: ChivsBang
Just spent the last few hours decontaminating my new car. Korrossol, snow foam and hand dried- popped in for lunch and it's now raining!!. Need sun so I can seal it..

one thing i do if i'm short on time/weather is to polish/seal a panel at a time, took me a month to do my whole car - same end result ;)

Reactions: ChivsBang
I agree with @Bristle Hound - stick with Gtechniq. I have the CSL with a coating of C2 ontop which is what you keep the treatment topped up with 1-2 times per year. My detailer recommended not to use other products or QDs as a matter of course when drying. The whole idea of the CSL is that you don't need all of these products. A great recommendation he gave me though was to dilute C2 1:4 with water and this makes what is effectively gtechniqs QD, then if you do need the odd touch up then use this. At least then you're applying the same stuff that is already on the car and hence not affecting the finish.

Does care have to be taken when using C2 V3 as not to get into trims etc? Or can you seal everything?

Does care have to be taken when using C2 V3 as not to get into trims etc? Or can you seal everything?

I've only used my 1:4 mix so far and just go for it on anything it hits (other than Windows lol). Seems fine, I don't think it's the sort of stuff that is going to harm anything. Don't quote me though ha!

IMG 0024
Hi there,

Similar to you, newbie, had my car polished and Nanolex Si3D applied in July.

I do a two bucket with Nanolex shampoo, dry with a towel and then wipe with their Final finish product. Stays shiny and the water resistance is nice!

These are from yesterday, hope that helps :)

IMG 0025

Reactions: Daytonapig, nkdublu and Andy F
In the end I went with C2V3 - tried it out on my missus car first before using it on mine and I am pleased with the result :)

Thanks @Bristle Hound and all

Reactions: Pook and Bristle Hound