Aftermarket ipod/iphone interface

B3NJ1

Reaction score
Hi there,

I want to buy an aftermarket ipod interface for the factory radio in my Audi (2007 A3 S-Line) and wondered if anyone had any suggestions on the best ones. I've heard the Denison Ice-link Gateway 100/300 are good? Anybody had any experience with these one's? Is it worth a go?

Cheers
B3ENJ1

I had a Gateway 300 and it was by far the best purchase I've ever made! ;)

Seriously though, it was well worth the cash. It lets you retain control of the music through the iPod, rather than locking it and forcing you to use the radio to select music through set playlists, as the factory kit does. It also gives you the option of using USB drives with music on, or even adding something else using the 3.5mm jack, so you could listen to any passenger's mp3 player and you're not only restricted to your own music or other iPods/iPhones.

And of course it charges it while you listen.

I had mine almost 3 years and it never had any issues, but made listening to music so much more simple than a stack of CDs to keep swapping.

No, it doesn't, but it does display it on the iPhone/iPod, unlike the Audi kit. Dension actually make the Audi kit, in effect it's just a limited function gateway.

No kit will show the track info on the symphony, as they all use the CD changer connection, which is simply unable to pass the data through.

I purchased the Connects2 Aux-In adaptor for my B7 A4. Seemed to work well at first, but I've started having issues with it so will probably rip it out and just fit a 3.5mm aux-in socket and recode the HU to enable it.

If you're running an RNS-e the you could always try this

does any one know if there is a cable that i can buy to connect to the audi ipod connection that is in my glove box so that i can control the ipod without having to unplug it everytime i want to put something on that isnt on a playlist? when its connected to the connecction in the glove box i cant do anything with it.