Aftermarket Parking Sensor reverse light feed question

Ninja21

Reaction score
Hi All, Just bought a set of Cobra Parkmaster A0358 sensors which are very similar to the factory fit ones see below link

Park Master A0356/358/359 17mm Flush Mount Sensors — Products — Cobra Vehicle Security

I've colour coded and fitted these yesterday and now just need to wire them up, will tapping into the reverse light feed cause any issues with the computer - A3 2011 Black Edition and as the reverse light cluster is part of the tailgate which wire do i need to spur from and where is the best place to tap in, i ran the cables to the off side corner as this is where the gromet was to get through the body.

They are around £85 including vat if you want them.

Many thanks

Dave

Last edited:
Anyone able to assist on this one, was hoping to finish them today? thanks in advance.

Dave

last time i did any it was trial and error to find the reversing lights, caused no problem on a MK5 GTI. Best i can help you with sorry

All sorted, got the answer from another forum, Blue/Red wire and need to tap in at the near side rear post as the loom goes up to the tailgate.

Dave.

any pics of em fitted and what do you get in the kit,i wouldnt mind fitting these

Will get a pic tomorrow, the paint I got which was matched to the paint code is a mile out so I'm gonna paint them again, in the kit you get the sensors, the CPU, the buzzer and the other bits you need I was quite impressed. You will need to buy a 17mm hole saw to drill the bumper I got mine off eBay but you can get one from screwfix.

If I was doing it again I would probably go with a 16mm hole saw I'm sure you could get away with it as the sensors have a clear rubber ring around them to cushion the fit.

Dave

Last edited:
Will get a pic tomorrow, the paint I got which was matched to the paint code is a mile out so I'm gonna paint them again, in the kit you get the sensors, the CPU, the buzzer and the other bits you need I was quite impressed. You will need to buy a 17mm hole saw to drill the bumper I got mine off eBay but you can get one from screwfix.

If I was doing it again I would probably go with a 16mm hole saw I'm sure you could get away with it as the sensors have a clear rubber ring around them to cushion the fit.

Dave

cheers dave,where did you get your paint from and was it in a spray can also did you have to remove your bumper

Hi Chris, I got the paint off eBay it's a 2 stage base coat and lacquer spray can but as said the match is way off so I'm gonna go to my local auto paint international store and get it made to the shade of the car, it's about £12 for a 500ml. You can also get the paint made up from halfords only they didn't have my paint code on their machine which is weird as ibis White has been out sine 2008.

You have to remove the bumper but it's very straight forward.

Remove the lower front inside boot plastic cover upwards it just clips out, this is what covers the boot catch.
Remove parcel shelf, remove 2 x torx screws holding the parcel shelf support, clip out the rear boot light and disconnect the wiring, pull the grey boot side inlays towards the center lifting the liner over the rear anchor points on the floor.
Using either a flat screwdriver or a socket unscrew the light cluster and then work out from the rear 2 x rubber grommet mountings also hold the light to the body so just wiggle the cluster out.Disconnect the cluster wiring harness. Do the same for the other side.
3 x torx screws on each rear wheel arch, need a small wrench for this.
2 x torx screws on the underside of the bumper towards the middle.
1 x black torx and 1 x silver torx screws which are hidden by the light cluster.
2 x 10mm nuts are holding the bumber to the rear of the vehicle, you need a long reach socket for the removal of these i bought one from halford's £4.99, i dipped the end of the socket in vaseline so the nut will stick to the socket when detached.

Pull the bumper from the rear side above the wheel arch it is secured by push fit clips, once both sides are free from the body pull the bumper rearwards not upwards and it will clip out. Did mine today so its fresh in my mind.

Refit is reverse.

Dave

Pic now added,
Colour match is not as i would have liked but I will re paint these, also I think that you would get away with a 16mm hole as the 17mm which was exactly 17mm when drilled out and not a tight fit. The sensors are flush with the bumper inserted from behind and can be adjusted as they screw into the sensor housing allowing for different bumper thicknesses.
Sensors are positioned as the factory which are 30mm center down from bumper leading edge, 240mm either side of center line from boot catch and then 430mm center to center from inner sensor

Dave
Cobra%2BParkmaster%2BA0358.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you buy the sensors from as they don't seem to be widely available as yet?

The Cobra A0356 still isn't readily available to buy online. I finally found the kit advertised on Amazon by Capital Stores at £95.36. I ordered online on 31 Jan and the delivery estimate was 6-9 Feb. The kit arrived today, ie 2 Feb. :)

Looks good and as you say "factory". I've fitted a few kits but the cheaper ebay types that fit from the front, they are bigger but still look pretty good I'd say. You don't need measurements for the holes as they are marked with crosshairs on the back of the bumper (at least they are on the pre-facelift cars).

As said there is a red/blue wire for the reverse wire in the left side rear quarter (there is a beige multi plug in this area which you can unplug plug for a bit of extra reach whilst soldering the +ve feed to).

For the wiring I fed the sensor wiring up the factory grommet on the left side rear tail lamp loom; if you heat the long grommet up it softens and with some washing up liquid you can easily push each sensor wire up through that one at a time.

Does a 2007 Sline bumper have the cross hairs on the inside?

I too have these sensors but have yet to fit them as the whole bumper is being resprayed.

Yes it will have. IME all the bumpers have them (both normal Sport and S-lines - Sportbacks anyway! would fine it strange if they left them off the 3dr), however maybe AUDI removed them from the mould on the facelift 08-on bumpers? They're not immediately obvious though until you have given the bumper a wipe inside and find them!