Aftermarket stereo to replace rnse and keep bose

Send it back and buy the Dynavin above.
The Dynavin units are Android or not?
Can you install android apps for example google maps?
I saw some pictures of the N7 units that advertise that support original PDC as well which would be nice.

Jesus, after reading this thread I'm glad I'm going to Warrington Car Audio for ours, worth paying the extra to not worry about any of the faffing about at fitting or later down the line.

The Dynavin units are Android or not?
Can you install android apps for example google maps?
I saw some pictures of the N7 units that advertise that support original PDC as well which would be nice.
Nope, it looks like it has its own OS with Android Auto and Apple Carplay support (so yes, you could use google maps, although it'll be from your phone).

After looking at some videos on YouTube, I'd stay away from this lag machine. Look at the E46 variant here. The video shown on the official website, here, is clearly sped up to minimize the laggy animations. I'd go for the Wondefoo unit I sent earlier, check a comparison of the PX5 and PX6 processor here, it's a lot smoother (even the PX5 is!).

Nope, it looks like it has its own OS with Android Auto and Apple Carplay support (so yes, you could use google maps, although it'll be from your phone).

After looking at some videos on YouTube, I'd stay away from this lag machine. Look at the E46 variant here. The video shown on the official website, here, is clearly sped up to minimize the laggy animations. I'd go for the Wondefoo unit I sent earlier, check a comparison of the PX5 and PX6 processor here, it's a lot smoother (even the PX5 is!).
Yeah this is a supplier here in Greece on this video. They also have a video on an A3. Link. You are right it is a bit laggy.
I would only consider it for the PDC support (if it really works) as none of the Android units support OPS as far as I know. That's why I still have the original Concert unit on.

Yeah this is a supplier here in Greece on this video. They also have a video on an A3. Link. You are right it is a bit laggy.
I would only consider it for the PDC support (if it really works) as none of the Android units support OPS as far as I know. That's why I still have the original Concert unit on.
I'm not sure what PDC and OPS are, but I guess something with "Parking Distance Control" and something related to the rear camera?
The A3 has a signal for reverse over the CAN bus (read here paragraph 8.1.5). I believe those units (build for this vehicle) do support reverse cam over CAN, but I'm not sure if the OEM camera is a plug-and-play retrofit (often they are with an adapter harness and I think the Wondefoo unit I shared has one such harness).

I actually do want a rearview camera for my Gen 2 RNS-E, but I can't find it for cheap (because you need a video interface module, which is expensive by itself).

I’m not saying it’s the best, just easy to fit and works well enough for me, didn’t have to spend another £150 on adaptors etc.
What’s laggy about Dynavin? I don’t understand, could I save a micro second of my life pressing buttons on a better HU?

What’s laggy about Dynavin? I don’t understand, could I save a micro second of my life pressing buttons on a better HU?
The animations look like PowerPoint slideshows mate. What really grinds my gears is slow hardware trying to run demanding software. Google maps is very demanding when you are zoomed out. In the video I linked regarding PX5 and PX6 processor units, you can clearly see how the PX5 is struggling with zooming in, while the PX6 is zooming nearly completely smooth.
Systems that are slow and choppy only make it worse when you're driving, because it takes you longer to complete the thing you were doing, thus keeping your attention away longer.
If you can live with that, I'm fine with it, I'm not the one using it. All I'm saying is that there are better units available on the market, even at a lower price point (and better units will arrive in the future as well).

Reactions: samisnake