Aftermarket sub & amp

Jansen

Reaction score
Is it possible to use an aftermarket sub and amp along side the bose setup? If so can anyone give me some information on what id need to do.
thanks.

what is it exactly your thinking of doing ???

do you wish to get another amp and power the entire system or do you simply want to power a subwoofer as well

I just want to power an extra subwoofer but im guessing the standard amp wouldnt be able to handle it.

Reactions: Peeb
standard amp is barely powerfull enough to drive a normal speaker nevermind a subwoofer

the only real way of doing this properly is to install proper power lines , rca,s and proper subwoofer enclosure
everything else is a compromise be it sound quality or safety

Reactions: tunesguy
Ok thanks, i think ill leave it standard then :)

standard amp is barely powerfull enough to drive a normal speaker nevermind a subwoofer

the only real way of doing this properly is to install proper power lines , rca,s and proper subwoofer enclosure
everything else is a compromise be it sound quality or safety

I'm also looking for a solution for this, i just want to add a sub. I'm not looking fo Hi-Fi sound quality, I just want more bass for my dance music. I don't see adding power lines as a problem, just a fiddly case of getting the power through the car. The problem is finding the audio and were to bring that from.

Any ideas?

i been reading up on this quite a bit lately...

its possible... and pretty easy from what i've heard... only wire you have to run through the car is the power wire from the battery...

the audio you can pigtail Female RCA's from the bose amp which is in the boot using the line level output pins..

i've to yet find a pin out picture for my car but its basically 4 wires you splice.

3 for audio (Left channel, Right channel and ground pin which is shared by all speakers) and 1 for remote to turn on the amp..

from what i have read if you take you amp input from the rear speakers then your not meant to have an issue with bluetooth/satnav voice as this will come from front speakers!

also a name i've been hearing a lot about is AndyMac, not got round to contacting him my self (still need to purchase a replacement sub) but if you beat me to it keep us updated on how you get on..

Reactions: alex13p
Amazing work skandz... Sounds interesting.. I've got the amp and sub ready to go from my old car...I actually have two amps to chose from... Is AndyMac a user on here? If I have good instructions I am happy to give it a go and take photos and make a guide

alex13p

i've managed to get a copy of the pinouts for bose connector... its for the a4 b7

can't put it up right now as i'm not on my computer.... but will do by tomorrow morning

what car you got out of curiousity bud...

Reactions: alex13p
alex13p

i've managed to get a copy of the pinouts for bose connector... its for the a4 b7

can't put it up right now as i'm not on my computer.... but will do by tomorrow morning

what car you got out of curiousity bud...
How did you manage to find that?!

I've got a A6 Avant, C6(4F), preface lift, S Line.. How about you?

Does your diagram have model numbers? Is there different model amps?

Thanks skandz

Heres the pinout diagram I found thats meant to be for an a4 b7..

Im guessing theyre the same if not similar

But other way to do it is look at the colour of the wire behind headunit for the specific pins and find same wire at the amp...

Hope this helps

Oh yeah and just to add the female phonos would come off the line out and the line level convertor would connect to the speaker outputs

Attachments

• AmpHarness-1.jpg
    AmpHarness-1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 8,124
hi yer Alex 13p

did you make a guide I'am interested in doing the same perhaps we can hook up and share some knowledge lol

don't know about a guide mate, but i did the above install and now i sleep in my car thats how different the bass sounds.. LOL

like you i just wanted bass, the bose tops sound great for what they are...

now my bass drowns out the tops at the best of times.. :):):):):)

needs any help give me a shout

don't know about a guide mate, but i did the above install and now i sleep in my car thats how different the bass sounds.. LOL

like you i just wanted bass, the bose tops sound great for what they are...

now my bass drowns out the tops at the best of times.. :):):):):)

needs any help give me a shout

Hi mate i hope you can help my stock head unit was the concert , i have installed a after market pioneer head unit in my audi a4 2006 sline with bose sound system. there is sound coming out of the speaker and it is only bass no lyrics can be heard. i have tried to adjust the bass and treble on the head unit but still nothing.

does bose system in the audi a4 2006 sline have a hidden equalizer or amp?

i read on this post... http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/hidden-eq-concert-ii.65924/ comment 3

to snip the earth pin could this relate to my issue

please help

thanks in advance