Agm battery charger

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
I wanted to charge my agm battery, i have a "ring rcb 212 battery charger" which ring have said, its ok to use now and again 2-3 times a year.
I've been looking at a charger for a agm battery and seen a few on ebay..... Anyone used one?
Here is one ive seen, didn't really want spend alot, is this any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293757451737

Hey. I would not recommend buying a cheap charger for your Audi. It wears out very quickly.

Reactions: vw754
Untrue...

Screenshot 20201201 173237 Chrome

it be fine to use now mostly at least to get it to a state of charge to start the car! ---just not an optimum charge curve and may not get battery past 90% / or a bit over charge etc as it may be slightly confused logic when to cut out at its U vs A

my old off grid shed solar panel with charge controller ( that has different battery type settings) to suit pb and leisure batteries trickle charges batteries into life well just like the charge controller on a camper

bit of further reading
https://www.photonicuniverse.com/en...boats-back-up-and-off-grid-power-systems.html

on a side note the silver calcium batteries fitted to fords are rubbish at accepting a normal charge and have the smart charge system built in etc i replaced my new transit van battery with a stop start battery

I use CTEK - which is Audi’s recommended charger. I have the CTEK MXS 10 which can be left connected long term to trickle charge and condition the battery.

I’m often away for 6 months at a time (Pre-Covid) and always hooked it up, and came back to a fresh battery every time :racer:

CTEK are good but the MXS series still do the 15.7 voltage desulphation pulse at the start of charging, regardless of charging mode. AGM batteries really don’t like that.

The ‘Time To Go’ series don’t have this.