AGU Downpipe & Decat

JimmyB

On boost
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've being searching around for a 2.5" or 3" downpipe with decat for my A3 AGU. I bought one from eBay (ToyoSport), like a few people have on here, but it didn't fit. The ones I find are NOT for the AGU engine, only AUM AUQ etc engines.

I have a Jetex 2.5" cat-back at the moment, can some please point me in the right direction for a downpipe and decat for my AGU please :sm4:

Thanks James

What stopped it fitting ?
Turbo to downpipe flange is the same across all ko3 ko3s cars so we will assume your having trouble at the cat to centre section end which should be just a slip over sleeve with a clamp at either end !

It was the downpipe catching on the rear frame (forgot the name lol) has a metal plate too :persevere:

Metal plate ???
TBF. I've done a few now , golfs, Leon's but no A3's ( not even my own !!! )
Never had an issue with toyosport downpipes and AGU's !!!

Last edited:
Its a tight fit due to a 3" pipe, are you engine mounts quite old?

Reactions: JimmyB
The heat shield (metal plate) just needs some creative bending

I had the same issue with my 42DD 3" DP
It's basically due to old engine mounts, the engine sits slightly further down to the ground which makes the DP hit the subframe.
Anyway I worked out a way around this but you'll need some stock & aftermarket type dogbone mount bushings (cheaper than getting new engine mounts till you're ready to replace them). The dogbone has 2 bushings on the side where it mounts to the subframe, one bushing that sits inside the subframe and the other one that you'll be able to see when the dogbone is mounted. I've placed the aftermarket (urethane) stiffer bushing on the side that sits inside the subframe and a stock used "slightly compressed over time" bushing on the side that you can see, this effectively "shortens" the dogbone from the mounting point on the subframe to the gearbox mounting point, it basically pulls the engine towards the subframe and moves the downpipe away from it, the feel is actually better than having both aftermarket bushings imo. Hope that makes sense

Thanks for the replies.

The engine mounts are the original so I might replace them.

I have the red dog bone bush too. Think the heat shield might have to be bent, but will see.

Thanks again people!