Ahhhh! Front Passenger door not opening at all? A4-B6 1.9 TDI

issuesaudi

Reaction score
Welcome any help folks...

Have a major problem with the passenger front door not unlocking at all anymore.

After unlocking the car with the FOB, the front passenger internal door handle and external handle does not open the door as it remains locked.

Was having problems with that door recently - it was "not locking" when using the FOB or internal button to lock the car doors. I suspected that there was an issue with the wiring loom into the door - pressed and poked the wiring near the hinge and it seemed to make a difference.

Now that door is not unlocking at all? Wondering how I am going to get access to the wiring to check or resolve the issue with the front passenger door not opening at all?

I did fit a 2nd hand stepper motor airflow controller (part no# 8E2820511C) to the car recently - not sure if that part is faulty and is related to this new issue.

Any ideas anyone on how I can get to the wiring or get the front passenger door unlocked and open?

Update... New Flash... Update... New Flash...

Well, managed to get the front passenger door unlocked. Drove around a bit, pressed the internal door open/close button, tried the internal door handle numerous times, then when I stopped and pulled the key out of the ignition - presto, door seemed to unlock? Dunno what got it open - could be internally closing the doors and then they open when the key is out?

Now I guess I have to investigate the wiring to see if that is the issue - or if 2nd hand stepper motor has managed to screw with the electronics. If anyone has any tips for diagnosing these issues, welcome hearing from you.

Update version 2....

Managed to open up the wiring around the doors and the passenger side door started working. Secured up the wires into the lug and was done.

Checked the drivers door wiring. Yes, broken and frayed wires - possibly shorting happening as well - expected as its the door with the most wear and tear. Got some insulating electrical tape over the broken wires and secured them up. That seemed to fix the issues for now. Will see if it's a permanent fix.

This was an excellent to read whilst doing the semi-repairs:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...rs-door-wiring-loom-from-the-car-body.125718/