AHHHHH F*&KIN TAX-MAN

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
ok so had just found a letter from HMRC last week which was dated back in march... it was to inform me to inform my employer that my tax code has changed and to tell my employer to act accordingly, the code is BR ( GGRRRR :mad: )

Anyway I got called into the office this morning to say that I have to pay £747.00 on tax this month because I should have been paying this new tax code since april 2014.... Can they actually do this? i only earn just over £1,000 per month and now I'm left with a ton load of bills and freak all to pay them with.

Its a joke how a simple change of letters to a tax code can have you paying X4 as much tax as usual

#RAGING!!!!!!!!!!

simple answer is yes the tax man can do it.

I had it a few year ago but in may case I got over a grand back.

That is disgusting. After all it's not your fault so they should at least give you the chance to pay it off in instalments.

And the thing is, they want 75% of your wages to probably give to some other fat lazy **** sat in their chair everyday that can't be ***** to work. Sat back watching Jeremy Kyle drinking Tesco home brand beer, with a big belly and beans down their white vest top from last weeks breakfast. Repulsive.

Reactions: PaulAr
My own experience of these folk is that they can do pretty much whatever they wish,and charge you interest on it.

Practically speaking,you can contest the judgement,but you will start on a pretty well penal tax code while it's resolved,and you would be required to produce every bill,receipt and sweet wrapper involved during the time at issue.

I and several colleagues have received random inspections over the years,and one chap's accountant likened them to "blood sucking b*s****s" with greater power than HM Customs.

I wish you luck,and you truly have my sympathies,but I'd get ready to pay.

I just dont understand it to be honest.

I am part-time self employed ( which I pay tax on my profit each year ) and im full time employed by my employer which i also pay tax, but now as it seems I have to pay more tax on my full time job because I have 2 jobs the sencond one which I also pay f*ckin tax

Im confused .

I just dont understand it to be honest.

I am part-time self employed ( which I pay tax on my profit each year ) and im full time employed by my employer which i also pay tax, but now as it seems I have to pay more tax on my full time job because I have 2 jobs the sencond one which I also pay f*ckin tax

Im confused .

Your setup sounds not a million miles from mine,and like yourself,the way these folk work is a mystery to me.

I was randomly chosen for a close encounter of the tax kind some yrs back,and it went like this....

My tax liability had been agreed with the local tax office,and paid in full every year,on time,to their satisfaction.

The investigations branch arrived,looked through all of the agreed liabilities,and reset those to the absolute minimum,and then calculated the difference between the minimum,and what had been agreed.
They also measured the difference in miles,yards and feet,from my front door,to my place of work,to validate my mileage claims.

Once they'd amused themselves with that lot,they served me a bill,payable in full,by the end of the next month rather than immediately,as I had co-operated fully with them.

I nearly choked on that shockingly generous payment offer.

And yet,had I been a multinational telecomms or sales giant,I could have coughed up a few percent of my hard-earned and laughed all the way to the bank.....

BTW...when I say "folk" in my posts,another word beginning in "F" is also appropriate.

Last edited:
I had this happen to me this year too (I owe more than a grand) I have managed to get an agreement to pay mine back over 3 years.

By the way regarding HMRC, this is the only time you are guilty until proven innocent, its up to you to prove you are not guilty simple as that. What they say goes, its utter rubbish but its fact.