Q5 Aim to pay - PCP on Q3 or Q5

I/we just don't get PCP, we've always used:
24.gif

When we have it we spend it on what we want and when we don't have it, well, we don't spend it.

PLUS the ongoing choices post purchase - rather than PCP - remain 100% in our control i.e, I/we can sell it on when 'we' want
4.gif

As with the our recent ***fabulous*** 2016 AUDI SQ5 purchase
:yahoo:: I/we decided to 'go-for-one' on the Sunday afternoon; found 'it' on the Sunday afternoon; went to 'look' on the Tuesday, and within 15-minutes of first sight
24.gif

PS: not a 2017, 18, or 19 petrol and/or diesel SQ5 mind neither of which excited or provided an attractive place where either of us would like to sit and drive on any journey; that in a nutshell goes for a few other cars, too... :box:

PCP I think is for them that want others to think they have
24.gif
but don't and if you engage in PCP I doubt you ever will...
6245.gif

That said, enjoy, do and purchase what suits you best... :respekt:

Bit of a generalisation there John. I personally don’t see the point paying out lump of cash that I would rather keep in my stocks and shares, returning north of 7% (average over last 10 years) and then pay a monthly amount for car (current is under 4%)

Do the maths

Reactions: S32B and paul wev
Go on, I will bite...

I was taught a long time ago to invest in appreciating assets and rent depreciating assets. I think cars depreciate so not a great place for your hard earned...

Also, a lot of people get paid a car allowance, monthly income fits better with monthly outgoing...

Oh, yeah, and are mortgages for those with no money who want to pretend they have? After all, I have bought all houses with a mortgage and one or two of them cost less than my car..

My Mini is paid for, but I fund my bmw.... my only requirement is I stick as much each month into my stocks and shares ISA as I do into paying for my car. It means I always cover the depreciation twice...

Oh yeah, and I am still working so no 25% tax free lump sum for me yet.....

Thank you for the explanation, isleaiw, I get that; didn't work like that for me when I was working - just shows how things change...

Bit of a generalisation there John. I personally don’t see the point paying out lump of cash that I would rather keep in my stocks and shares, returning north of 7% (average over last 10 years) and then pay a monthly amount for car (current is under 4%)

Do the maths

As said Nev: "Thank you for the explanation, isleaiw, I get that; didn't work like that for me when I was working - just shows how things change..."

Thank you for the explanation, isleaiw, I get that; didn't work like that for me when I was working - just shows how things change...

As you say horses for courses, 7 years ago I had two kids at uni and a wife who was insistent they were going to have every opportunity she didn’t get (for which read spoiled rotten!).

Now they are no longer at uni and just about self sufficient, and my wife is my late wife - and you realise life is for enjoying whilst you can.

So last year my daughter had £25k for the wedding of her dreams. And next year my son will have £25k towards the deposit for a flat. So much better uses of cash than a lump of metal for me...

But the M5 is AWESOME!

Reactions: NevMan, 45bvtc and paul wev
As you say horses for courses, 7 years ago I had two kids at uni and a wife who was insistent they were going to have every opportunity she didn’t get (for which read spoiled rotten!).

Now they are no longer at uni and just about self sufficient, and my wife is my late wife - and you realise life is for enjoying whilst you can.

So last year my daughter had £25k for the wedding of her dreams. And next year my son will have £25k towards the deposit for a flat. So much better uses of cash than a lump of metal for me...

But the M5 is AWESOME!

Likewise: 5-years ago we were going to be off everywhere enjoying our RS3 and TT roadster to the FULL and then the big C came along and well my annual mileage now is less than 2K and the vast majority of that is hospital runs - enjoy it while you can....

Hope all goes well with your daughter's wedding and son's flat purchase...

I had to read that twice 45bvtc - that's not good at all, feel for you - its easy for the healthy to forget that being OK with a future stretching ahead of you into the distance can change in an instant.

Reactions: NevMan and 45bvtc
I think it’s a balancing act between enjoying life in the moment, and not prejudicing you’re future with poor financial decisions. I pay £250 per month for a daily runner/family car I get plenty of use out of. I could have blown more of my disposable cash on something more indulgent, or saved money by getting something less desireable like a Nissan Duke.

Reactions: NevMan
I had to read that twice 45bvtc - that's not good at all, feel for you - its easy for the healthy to forget that being OK with a future stretching ahead of you into the distance can change in an instant.

Thank you... :hi:

So so true, life changes in an instant. More and more nowadays (1 in 2) being touched by the big C, and does put everything into perspective. Without health we have nothing...irrespective. And nothing else REALLY matters

Reactions: 45bvtc
As you say horses for courses...
So so true, life changes in an instant...
I had to read that twice 45bvtc...

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts guys but can we please get back to the banter...

We're now off to A&E; chemo - it destroys the immune system - so a high-body-temp is a 'no-no' resulting a fast run to to A&E... :racer: in an SQ5, of course...:whistle2:

Serious advice for you ALL: when the bowel-cancer-screening-kit drops thorough the letter box get-it-done! And when you can no longer 'pee' UP the wall and/or your getting up in the night (more than once) 'to-go' then get that darn prostrate checked pronto (mine was removed just-in-time 2-years ago...).

It's not until you get onto the cancer treatment merry-go-round that you fully realise just how many of us are affected and/or being treated by our fabulous Heath Service - and for sure the chemo department at Stafford County hospital are just wonderful!

So please, back to the banter... :yahoo:

:friends:

Reactions: NevMan and cosmicblue
Oh we could have a minute or two with the fact that pooh samples go back in the post box couldn't we?? Sound advice 45bvtc, my second kit should be here this week and the PST check is borderline (3.6) so going to get checked out for that too. Oh the joys of getting older are truly delightful.

Had a poke around the dealer showroom this morning as the RSQ3 was having a set of plugs fitted (every 20k and that'll be £170 - thanks) and there really isn't anything that really wows me at the moment...

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts guys but can we please get back to the banter...

We're now off to A&E; chemo - it destroys the immune system - so a high-body-temp is a 'no-no' resulting a fast run to to A&E... :racer: in an SQ5, of course...:whistle2:

Serious advice for you ALL: when the bowel-cancer-screening-kit drops thorough the letter box get-it-done! And when you can no longer 'pee' UP the wall and/or your getting up in the night (more than once) 'to-go' then get that darn prostrate checked pronto (mine was removed just-in-time 2-years ago...).

It's not until you get onto the cancer treatment merry-go-round that you fully realise just how many of us are affected and/or being treated by our fabulous Heath Service - and for sure the chemo department at Stafford County hospital are just wonderful!

So please, back to the banter... :yahoo:

:friends:

Absolutely, wife’s bowel cancer caught early last March, and following ultra low anterior resection surgery, ileostomy for 6 months, she is cancer free. No chemo or radiotherapy needed. Very very fortunate this time

Reactions: S32B and 45bvtc
Absolutely, wife’s bowel cancer caught early last March, and following ultra low anterior resection surgery, ileostomy for 6 months, she is cancer free. No chemo or radiotherapy needed. Very very fortunate this time

That's just way too close to where RS3copilot was at, Nev; diagnosed December 2014, operation 2015, cancer in several lymph nodes discovered June 2016 and chemo every 2-weeks since - and way too fragmented for radiotherapy. And other complications keep coming in - like she's in an Acute bed for a 48-hour 'treatment' now.

My prostate cancer diagnosed Feb 2016; my prostate OUT May 16 and now cancer FREE, PSA minus '0' (cosmicblue), and that (which is why I had it 'OUT', allows me, along with our AUDI SQ5 ambulance (only reason for purchase
45.gif
) best choice for the job in hand!, Nev; to support RS3copilot.

Here's hoping your wife stays chemo free, the side effects are to numerable to list here...

And cosmicblue, keep an eye on that PSA

Oh we could have a minute or two with the fact that pooh samples go back in the post box couldn't we?? Sound advice 45bvtc, my second kit should be here this week and the PST check is borderline (3.6) so going to get checked out for that too. Oh the joys of getting older are truly delightful.

Yeah, getting old wasn't supposed to be like this, and that's for sure; it certain wasn't in our plans....

Pre-op my PSA was 8.53: 4 cores on left side and 1 targeted biopsy on left side positive (5 cores in total): Gleason Score 3 + 4 = 7

get that little bu**er OUT!!!
4746.gif

In and out (of hospital) in 24-hours and all thanks to a robot...
4304.gif

Had a poke around the dealer showroom this morning as the RSQ3 was having a set of plugs fitted (every 20k and that'll be £170 - thanks) and there really isn't anything that really wows me at the moment...

I think you'll have difficulty finding a replacement, that engine is a FUN magnet.

Likewise with our RS3, it ain't going anywhere else yet, we just got something else to enhance - and our 185bhp A1 7-speed DSG was as near perfect as we thought we'd get: but then there's the Staffordshire potholes, raised grids, dropped grids, poor road repair, water work trenches, water work trenches, mining subsidence, and lets give everyone who doesn't want to do anything other than............................ Sorry! But the 185bhp A1 was/is a cracking machine to accompany an RSQ3,

But we then went SQ5, and we LURVE IT! The 2016 SQ5 is a perfect ambulance for us; comfortable, easy to park, almost invisible, and with a fair turn of pace when needed... :racer:

Anytime - hospital visits aside - you want evaluate try back-to-back.... :thumbs up:

I've actually owned two SQ5s in TDI format, I had one of the very 1st 2013 vehicles - bought unseen based on the brochure only, in that dark blue and replaced it in 2014 with one in Sepang Blue, both identical specs on 20" wheels. I really liked the SQ5, maybe a tad too porky for my needs and there's more room in the garage with the RSQ3 for sure, the dumbo sized door mirrors seemed to block much of the useful side view sometimes and the brakes were not matched adequately to the available performance from that awesome biTurbo engine.

Back to back the RSQ3 is just more fun to drive - a FUN magnet is a perfect description, insanely rapid, handles and stops better but still with a wicked edge that leaves one in no doubt that it would fly off the road into a hedge if pushed too far. The boot space is smaller - need the ski-hatch in the back seat for the shotgun whereas it would fit diagonally in the boot of the SQ5. The LED head lights in the RSQ3 are staggeringly good - even better than the Matrix LEDs in the RS4. Fuel economy...well there isn't any really, good job I don't do many miles these days.:thumbs up:

Reactions: 45bvtc and NevMan
Getting old is definitely not fun. Had prostate test done at my last work medical and had my bowel test done as part of the "your 55 so we'd better test it" program a couple of weeks ago. All OK for now....

Got to keep healthy, grandson number 2 due in 6 weeks so got to spoil that one like his big brother!

You best too, been there with the prostrate, not good...

You best too, been there with the prostrate, not good...

Not until you talk about 'it' do you truly appreciate just how many people are affected by cancer. I well remember the day RS3copilot's cancer was confirmed thinking it was 'just us' as we knew of very few others but now, 5-years on, continue to be staggered by just how many are affected and in its different forms

Fortunately they've not found cancer. But they only did a biopsy on what they removed from the prostrate, they couldn't risk taking any samples at that time as it would have resulted in more damage. So might have one yet to come.
Yeah, us bloke need to talk about this more, prostate issues are very common in men of a certain age, but we always keep the stiff upper lip don't we?

Yup we do Cuke.

Got a pelvic prostrate MRI scan on Monday...reading up it seems I may end up with a wire inside a latex sheath inserted into my bum - there sounds like there will be no dignity attached to that experience.

Reactions: cuke2u, 45bvtc and NevMan
Yup we do Cuke.

Got a pelvic prostrate MRI scan on Monday...reading up it seems I may end up with a wire inside a latex sheath inserted into my bum - there sounds like there will be no dignity attached to that experience.

Watch out for and DON'T get urine retention afterwards - believe me, you'll NOT want that! I have NEVER had so much pain
5003.gif

6-hours from when I discoverd I couldn't pass 'anything' OUT with an ambulance ride to A&E and a 4-hour wait and the 'she' said I'm going to insert a catheter - and started to describe to procedure - I screeeeeamed out "don't tell me just do it!!" and the relief, oh man the relief...
19.gif

Reactions: cuke2u and NevMan