HarveW

Reaction score
hi
I changed my steering wheel and seats in my car. But this brought up a warning light on the dash. I’ve got my MOT due so I changed it to back to the original steering wheel and seats.

But the fault is still there. Does anybody know how to remove this fault just for the mot?

I also want to get the steering wheel and seats working/coded without the warning light coming up after my MOT, does anybody know who/where can do this?
A3CDB8F4 DD26 427C B46D 8D755B0B25FE

You just need it reset. any garage not sure if carista or obd11 can do it

Reactions: HarveW
You just need it reset. any garage not sure if carista or obd11 can do it

Cheers for getting back

I’ve got OBD11 myself, but it don’t pick up the fault , which is odd. I know it works because I used it on my brothers 8P S3 and got his engine management light (cylinder misfire)

Also with my new steering wheel and seats. (Idk which one is causing the air bag warning light, I’m assuming both) will they need coding to the car or will a reset work on that like you suggested?

Reactions: LEE69
As long as all the wiring matches it should be a simple clear. I guess you put the ignition on when the seats were out. If the steering wheel is flat bottomed with paddles/ or switches you can add it top the gateway not familiar with obd11 I use vcds

As long as all the wiring matches it should be a simple clear. I guess you put the ignition on when the seats were out. If the steering wheel is flat bottomed with paddles/ or switches you can add it top the gateway not familiar with obd11 I use vcds

I’m not familiar with OBD11 or VCDS myself. The steering wheel is flat bottom and doesn’t have paddles. It has the same functions as the original one. The seats also have the same plugs. It was literally plug and play to install for both.

So with the new steering wheel and seats all I need to do is get a garage to reset it?

However if there is a fault the light won’t clear and you’ll have to trace it.

Cheers mate,
I’d like to get into VCDS myself for the future. Where do you recommend for the best guides?
You will never find a definitive guide as there are so many applications for VCDS. Forums and YouTube.

Is it a 3 or 5 door? The plugs in the floor are very sensitive. On the 3 door there was a tlb to remove the plug and hardwire it.

On my 3 door I had faults for years, did the tab and didn’t clear. In the end traced it to plugs behind the seat back that needed some contact cleaner.

Where abouts are you located? I’ve got vcds if you local I don’t mind clearing them. I need to sign up to the vcds users page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where abouts are you located? I’ve got vcds if you local I don’t mind clearing them. I need to sign up to the vcds users page

he’s in london

obdeleven can definitely remove it. at a minimum youll at least see the cause of the light.
follow this vid and see how you get on

However if there is a fault the light won’t clear and you’ll have to trace it.

The steering wheel came out my brothers S3 8p (I have a A3 1.6) and It was working then. Same with the seats although they're S3 seats they came out of my brothers old A3 working without any faults. So I'm hoping there's nothing wrong with the wheel and chairs as there wasnt in their previous cars. I hope I'm not being naive lol

South East London mate, I wouldn't mind travelling myself. But I have ran out of MOT. So the only thing I can do is take it to a mot garage booked in for mot but have the garage before hand to try reset it :suspicion:

Is it a 3 or 5 door? The plugs in the floor are very sensitive. On the 3 door there was a tlb to remove the plug and hardwire it.

On my 3 door I had faults for years, did the tab and didn’t clear. In the end traced it to plugs behind the seat back that needed some contact cleaner.

Hi mate. The car is a 3 door. I'm going to try and get it cleared. If that don't work I'll look into what you said, cheers :thumbs up:

obdeleven can definitely remove it. at a minimum youll at least see the cause of the light.
follow this vid and see how you get on

Cheers mate I have just watched the video, but seems I have a different model OBD11. It could be pirated one, Im not sure. It was given to me by someone from work as he said he used it on his car. So I gave it a go on my brothers 8p and he was having the engine management light on. ( due to cylinder misfire) I managed to clear it in a click of a button. But when I then used it on my car no fault codes come up, even tho I can clearly see it on the dash. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing. Is it detecting that there is no actual fault and it just needs resetting? I hope soo

Obd 11 1

Obd 11 2

Obd 11 3

Lol that's not obdeleven, that's just an obd scanner, using the obd2 standard. It's a basic tool and won't clear it. I'm in Se21. Message me your phone number, I'll clear it in 2 secs. Might as well put the seats and wheel you want in first

Reactions: George Kost
hi
I changed my steering wheel and seats in my car. But this brought up a warning light on the dash. I’ve got my MOT due so I changed it to back to the original steering wheel and seats.

But the fault is still there. Does anybody know how to remove this fault just for the mot?

I also want to get the steering wheel and seats working/coded without the warning light coming up after my MOT, does anybody know who/where can do this?
View attachment 214150

You definately don’t have a fault you just need someone with a decent tool or vcds to turn off the airbag light for you.
You must have turned on the ignition when you had the seats out or the steering wheel off.
Next time you do it, disconnect the negative on the battery before you start and then you’ll not get any warning lights or anything. The garage where you go for mot should be able to clear the light for you.