"Air Bag Light on" What is this Fault Code ? Help ?

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
This airbag light came on the other day. I don't know where to check this and what it is. Also does this mean the airbags won't work now that this light is on the dash ?

Address 15: Airbags Labels: 8P0-959-655-84.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 959 655 F HW: 8P0 959 655 F
Component: Airbag 8.4ED H01 0130
Coding: 0011602
Shop #: WSC 06435 000 00000

1 Fault Found
00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON

its prob a dodgey wire under the drivers seat make sure its plugged in good
very common

Do you know if it's this bit of the wire I have to check?

pull that black cover up
u have wires under there
im prety its the yellow plug for the bag

pull that black cover up
u have wires under there
im prety its the yellow plug for the bag

I've looked at it and it's plug in right and no loose wires...So I cleared the code and went for a little drive....as soon as I pulled into my drive the light came back on. :sadlike:

Remove and refit it a few times this will clean the contact area it only needs a slight change in the resistance to trigger the air bag light and fault code. I had to do this every 5 to 6 months on my B5.

If you had to do every 5-6 months then contacts needed a rub with a jewellers screwdriver or the like to give it better conductivity IMHO, as for your issue on 8P, yeah I'd do the same on that aswell, but iirc there is a connector in the seat aswell that the airbag plugs into the seat loom, need to remove the rear cover which isnt that hard, get some fingers behind at the top, slowly but with some force prise it of about an inch or 2, then reach down with a long screwdriver or whatever & push the other clips to the side which should inturn release the rear cover, lift up & of as the covers have hooks at he bottom, dont snap these of or new cover needed, thats from memory which should be correct.

this light is on now on my car :( i have played around with the yellow plugs, but with no joy :( any other ideas? it seems the wire goes to the back of the seat how do i get the rear seat cover off?

The light wont go out without a diag tool to clear it even if connectors are pushed home/fixed.