Air con not working PLEASE HELP

Lmurray266

Reaction score
Help appreciated. A6 C6

Air con not cold. Regassed no leaks, pressure sensor changed no longer fan on constantly.
Fault cleared but still same issue.

Compressor seems to be coming on and no other fault codes present. Any advice?

Fuses checked but any relays that I could look at?

I've had this exact same issue just recently and an independent garage looked over it, who advised it was a faulty aircon pump.
They said they couldn't fix it and it would have to go to an Audi garage and would be expensive!

I resigned to keeping the windows open instead, but then I googled it and found its a common problem with this car

I found this YouTube video;

I'm no car mechanic, but it took me maybe 40 mins max and its now working perfectly. Cost = £0

You do need to be careful you dont lose the components or screws (i ended up crawling on top of the engine to reach them!)

All I can say it, so far, at least, its worked!

Feel free to message me if you need anything more

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lmurray266
I found this but I was wondering if it related to mine, because my heating is working perfectly and it’s blowing out air that is room temperature but never permanently hot.
So although I can’t put air con on I can control how hot it got. Is this the same as you?

I've had this exact same issue just recently and an independent garage looked over it, who advised it was a faulty aircon pump.
They said they couldn't fix it and it would have to go to an Audi garage and would be expensive!

I resigned to keeping the windows open instead, but then I googled it and found its a common problem with this car

I found this YouTube video;

I'm no car mechanic, but it took me maybe 40 mins max and its now working perfectly. Cost = £0

You do need to be careful you dont lose the components or screws (i ended up crawling on top of the engine to reach them!)

All I can say it, so far, at least, its worked!

Feel free to message me if you need anything more

I found this but I was wondering if it related to mine, because my heating is working perfectly and it’s blowing out air that is room temperature but never permanently hot.
So although I can’t put air con on I can control how hot it got. Is this the same as you?

Mine was doing exactly the same as yours... Basically no cold air despite gas and everything thing else working..

The hot air seemed to work, but on cold you just got outside airblown in, unchilled.

I don't think you'll get a fault code because the system thinks the pump is working but it's only partially working.

All i can say is it worked for me.

One quick test... Try gently tapping the top of the pump and see if it knocks it into action.

Hope it works for you and that I wasn't just lucky