Air con problem with recharge...HELP....HELP..!

H88

Reaction score
Hi people

I just took the my car to garage to get air the condition recharge today. However after 2 hours of waiting it didnt work even the garage guy said it has been fully charged. He said the problem maybe with the pump and I need to take it to a different garage where there hare available electrician who will be able to check it....I am really P1ss off with this problem as I already paid for it and it doesnt work at all. I have been using this garage for a while and it seems to be alrite except this time.

Anyone out there can give me some solutions please?

Thanks

See if the compressor is cutting in. Have someone switch ac on and off while you are under the bonnet. I think they have external clutches, so you should be able to see part of the compressor starting and stopping to spin.

also if milage/aircon use is high the clutches wear and need adjustment

have you scanned it with vcds to see if there are any faults showing?

O rom I will try to check that later on today but to be honest I am not a technical person but I will give it a try :))

I havent scanned it yet but I think I will take it to audi. The car mileage is 90k and clutch is slightyly worn out,does this really affect the air con?

O rom I will try to check that later on today but to be honest I am not a technical person but I will give it a try :))

I havent scanned it yet but I think I will take it to audi. The car mileage is 90k and clutch is slightyly worn out,does this really affect the air con?
not the clutch gearbox
the aircon has its own clutch

Oh ok,sorry for the stupid answer but I am a newbie hehe. I will get that check on saturday mate,I am still upset about paying £45 and didnt really get any outcome..!

Did you ask them to re-charge the aircon or did you ask them to fix it ?

If you asked them to re-charge it then that is what you got and you have no complaints.

It is not their fault that something else (may) be wrong and so causing the problem.

If something isn't working properly then it's always advisable to take it to an expert and ask them to tell you what is wrong rather than trying to self-diagnose. You can then find out the cure and decide whether or not the cost is worthwhile.

I dont plan to do diagnose the car my self but taking it to a proper place where they have electrician who will be able to help :))Meanwhile I posted this thread on here to see if anyone got the same properlem. It may help me or someone else in the future :))Hopefully its not gonna be a big problem as I just had it full service with audi :))

if audi serviced it then surely they would have picked up if there was a fault with the aircon system?
maybe take it back to audi and ask them to have a look as they other guys said there was an issue? if not go to a proper aircon servicing place...
also for future reference i have a really good mechanic in East London just off Commercial Road if you need a mechanic?

Thanks for your help ash,I will take it to a garage around my area first and if they cant fix it then I will take it to audi. Its good that you known some good mechanic but east london......too far lol.

I dont think a lot of the modern cars have an aircon pump with a clutch,i think its all done by the CCM/ECU kicking the pump in when needed