SQ5 Air con

Drexyl

Reaction score
Hi there.
air con works fine and all options are selectable when engine is off, now as soon as I start the engine the air con automatically switches to off and the options are greyed out and not selectable. , I’ve never had any trouble with it before. The car is a 67 plate petrol sq5.
any help will be greatly appreciated.

Had exactly the same issue when I got mine (18 plate ) last year.
Turned out the condenser had hole in it - was frustrating as during test drive it wasnt obvious as like yours, it shows it as on initially but later switches off and you can't select it.

All in, it was around £600 to fix but the supplying dealer sorted out the bill in my case as it was faulty at the point of sale.

I would scan it regardless however I do remember the dealer (fixing) saying it was fairly common on these Q5/SQ5 models where stones flick up/through the grill and into the condenser

Reactions: Drexyl
Here is my thread with the errors that popped up using VCDS

Reactions: Drexyl
When i had my SQ5,2018 i had the same problem with no cold air. Was a huge job on mine & the dash & windscreen had to come out to fix it!!!!. Luckily it was still under the Audi Warranty & suppling dealer sorted it but they had the car for around 10 days due to the amount of work it needed.

I’ve just had this issue on my S4 (2017 and only done 22.5k miles) noticed the air con was making almost an hissing noise in the cabin, than a few days later, only warm air.
initially I assume it was due to me not using the car very often at the moment. But dealers said the condenser was damaged and not holding pressure - that also said is was likely from a stone thought the open grille, damaging one of fins. I’m in my 4th year Audi warranty, but apparently this wasn’t covered! I was originally quoted in excess of £600. I asked if they were confident is was actually the condenser (as the new one was the biggest part of the cost) they said they couldn’t be certain until it was removed. After a bit of a moan, asking for the unit to be pressure tested whilst off the car (which that said they couldn’t do!?) and asking to see the damage. Some goodwill was applied and the price dropped by 65%! Always worth challenging.