Air Conditioning Issues

asalhan

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All

I’ve searched the forum but didn’t find anything (probably didn't search well enough).

The AC in my 2016 Avant 2.0 Ultra has stopped working all of a sudden. It’s been quite warm as of late and it’s not been pleasant to drive. When I press the AC button, the red light comes on, as soon as I remove my finger from the button, the light goes off and there is no AC. Someone told me to get the AC gas checked and topped up. I am skeptical as to whether this will cure the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Ash

Under warranty, take it in.

Any ideas as to what could be going on? In the meantime, I’ve booked the car in to get the air conditioning gas refilled. I’ve read somewhere that the AC stops itself from turning on when the gas is below a certain level, to protect itself.

I’ll report back any findings once I’ve been in to the garage on Thursday.

I managed to get the garage for an AC top up and they said it didn't need doing. So I went to a local garage and got a VCDS scan. There were several issues but this one is the one that pointed to the HVAC system. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Fault Found:
0267 - Sensor for Refrigerant Pressure and Temperature
B10C2 21 [009] - Signal Amplitude Too Low
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 7
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 236
Mileage: 166969 km
Date: 2018.04.17
Time: 14:36:09

Compressor current: actual value: 0 mA
Outside air temperature: 17.5 °C
Temperature after evaporator: 15.38 °C
Engine speed: 0 /min

Thanks in advance

Hi I’m having same issues on my A3 did you fix this fault?

Hi Stote,

It looks like it is the Air Conditioning Pressure Switch. It's located on the front of the car (in my car anyway) attached to the AC condenser. It's pretty easy to get to, mine was under a shroud with just enough space to get a spanner to it.

Unfortunately for me it’s a leak somewhere as i went to a garage who tested the system and informed me that there is a leak somewhere as the system doesn’t hold pressure, so i guess it’s the condenser.

You need to be able to get to the condenser to see if it is at fault. You could have a broken pipe or something like that.