Air filter for my b9 s4

philly2072

Reaction score
hi can anyone help
Trying to get a new upgraded air filter for my b9 s4 but to no luck . k&n give me a few options but when I put my model of car in the day it doesn’t fit ...
Has anyone had any luck getting one ..if so what’s the model number .
Please help as it’s starting to get on my tits.

K&N website says E-0646 for the S5. Same thing on an S4?

Can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger until the weather gets warmer.

Reactions: philly2072
Having opened the airbox, and knocked the crap off the paper one, E-0646 is the one for a B9, as per the website.

Theres the vwr air filter on awesome gti website..

BMC air filter part number FB960/04
This can be ordered from eurocar parts 909440541 10 days delivery and 25% off at the moment.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000, philly2072, EssVier and 1 other person
bMC and induction pipe thing made a noticeable improvement in noise and bum dyno.. can find my posts about it at the mo..

This can be ordered from eurocar parts 909440541 10 days delivery and 25% off at the moment.

Thanks for your help. I have just ordered one
Will let you know how it goes

Reactions: zippster
I have the BMC filter makes a much better noise. I also have an ECS inlet pipe.

Reactions: philly2072 and zippster
This just arrived, does make a decent sound difference, and a few more pops for good measure! Will give it a proper shakedown tomorrow!

Reactions: philly2072 and A12RNX
Just got the bmc air filter and it does have a little deeper note to the noise and is more responsive.

Other than hearing more turbo spool and more noise when I lift off, not any other noticeable difference

RamAir CC-501-90... could have been done with one slightly shorter in length. This fitted, but only just!

3ee4543a47a8404feda236808149d791.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fits in the standard box - so that is it upside down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u
I have finally got hold of a k&n air filter for the s4 and what a difference...much more smoother through the gears ,more responsive and more whistle from the turbo..
It is a better air filter than the BMC ..
I have had the BMC Filter in for about 4 weeks which was a good filter but is not the best when setting off always seemed very jerky ,on a good note it made the car a lot more noisy though
The K&N is just a better all rounder in my opinion

I have finally got hold of a k&n air filter for the s4 and what a difference...much more smoother through the gears ,more responsive and more whistle from the turbo..
I have had the BMC Filter in for about 4 weeks which was a good filter but is not the best when setting off always seemed very jerky ,on a good note it made the car a lot more noisy though

Was there much in size difference? Also price?

Can you let me know where you bought this from?

I used to have a K&N air filter on my Honda S2000 , and thought it was great
Cheers D

K&N E-0646 should fit according to one of the Audi engineers at my local dealership as he's got it in his. Getting hold of one isn't too easy though - he's recommended importing from Germany apparently.

Found one here: https://www.euspares.co.uk/parts/kn-filters/13484470

Don't blame me if for whatever reason it doesn't fit - just passing on for info :) - haven't tried it myself.

Reactions: Daggerit and mrobbie
Unbelievable how K&N UK accepts your PayPal payment for an air filter they do NOT stock.

Warned by your above discussion I posed the question before ordering.

This was their reply:

Quote:

"Good morning
We are currently waiting for this filter to be manufactured and shipped from the USA, eta is expected to be about 8 weeks I’m afraid
Thanks
Sam

Samantha Patten

Sales & Customer Services

K&N Filters (Europe) Limited

Unit 9 Ashville Way

Ashville Industrial Estate

Sutton Weaver

Runcorn

WA7 3EZ

Telephone +44 (0) 1925 636950

Fax +44 (0) 1925 418948

Email samanthap@knfilters.com

Website www.knfilters.co.uk

Unquote.

Unbelievable how K&N UK accepts your PayPal payment for an air filter they do NOT stock.

This was their reply:

Quote:

"Good morning
We are currently waiting for this filter to be manufactured and shipped from the USA, eta is expected to be about 8 weeks I’m afraid
Thanks
Sam

Samantha Patten

Unit 9 Ashville Way

Sutton Weaver

Runcorn

WA7 3EZ

Fax +44 (0) 1925 418948

Unquote.
I had the same thing ..gave up after 4months and got my money back ...

This was their reply:

Quote:

"Good morning
Thanks
Sam

Samantha Patten

Unit 9 Ashville Way

Sutton Weaver

Runcorn

WA7 3EZ

Fax +44 (0) 1925 418948

Unquote.
You can get the on eBay if you want to wait a bit as the are frim overseas

What benefit does the ECS inlet pipe give?

Other brands can give up to 19bhp. Armed with this + DTUK tunes gives the B9 S4 RS4 territory power with more torque.

Just installed a BMC FB960/04 replacement filter. The bum dyno meter did not move, but a little smoother and perhaps a tad quieter. Did not want the K & N which apparently is not only noisier but 66% dearer.
The instal did include vacuuming an absurd amount of munched leaves out of the OEM air filter box. Can't believe that is just since the last stealer service.

Last edited:
Remind me to check for munched leaves in my filter box before the trip we are making over Easter. Also make sure there isn't something actually munching them ;-)

Other brands can give up to 19bhp. Armed with this + DTUK tunes gives the B9 S4 RS4 territory power with more torque.

Just installed a BMC FB960/04 replacement filter. The bum dyno meter did not move, but a little smoother and perhaps a tad quieter. Did not want the K & N which apparently is not only noisier but 66% dearer.
The instal did include vacuuming an absurd amount of munched leaves out of the OEM air filter box. Can't believe that is just since the last stealer service.

I'm a huge sceptic on any aftermarket intake that claims more air in, without needing to re-calibrate the air flow sensor.

This is a perfect example. The OEM S4 intake is already a short intake run with a large surface area cone filter and external air snorkel via the grille. If the MAF is still in range on the grammes per second of air its expecting to see, guess what, you ain't getting more air or more power (beyond un-noticeable single digit BHP at best).

To be honest I don’t think it makes any difference but looks a lot nicer that the Henry the hoover looking one.

Apologies for being a tad off topic but no sign of any critters having munched these leaves:
20190405 143427 1512x2016

Reactions: SMI77