Air filter/pollen filter

boomtown

Reaction score
Just done my first bit of diy on the a4 quattro replacing the above, pretty simple, but pleased with my efforts, original parts only cost me £24, main dealer wanted £55 in labour to fit, only took 10 mins !

:thumbsup: All you have to do now is a spark plug and an oil filter/oil change and you've done what Audi call a 'Major' service something they charge £270 to do.

Tis easy when you know how eh fella!

i did the oil,filter last week, only spark plugs lefr, audi quoted me £610, hence why its a diy job, done the oil vacuum style, easy !

£610 for what fella that cant just be for a 'major' service?

Ouch nearlly double the price of a service for a 1.8t just cause of the engine size...Im going to have to do a brake fluid change soon also.

£49 for 1.8 at main dealers at the mo, not to bad really i suppose

Pollen filter can you tell me were it is on a A3 1.8 2009.

Might be best to ask in the A3 area for instructions - as It looks like it is up behind the glovebox somewhere!

Last edited:
brake fluid change was 30 quid at a good indi for me. for that money im not going to get dirty and it only took 30mins. A full home service on my 2.5tdi costs in the region of 80 quid with castrol edge oil and original filters etc. Audi prices do make me gulp

I'll do an engine flush tomorrow. "Bilstein Engine Flush" at a car dealer/maintenance. I'm convinced that this will save my engine and wallet.

I'll bring my own oil and filter for cheaper price, otherwise included. VAG 1.8T is very sensitive and plenty of the engines damaged by "Long Life" service intervals changing the oil too seldom. About 2500 km between oil changes is NO good.