Air Filter Servicing Requirements.

quattrorally

Reaction score
Anyone know how often a 2017 b9 S5 needs its intake air filter changed?

The myAudi app says:

Air filter: clean housing and renew filter element every 60k miles.

Is that right?

My new to me S5 had it's inspection with oil change service in november this year, from a main dealer. Today i opened up an the air filter housing, to find it was crammed full of leaves and other debris.

Last edited:
I thought it was around 50,000 miles which is a joke. I check mine every now and then just to clear out the rubbish. Can't see any harm in replacing early, not knowledgeable enough to know if there's any benefits to annual replacement etc.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

You won't do any harm by changing the air filter as much as you like, although it's also unlikely that you'll get much benefit from changing it too regularly. Personally I would just remove any leaves or large debris by hand between services.

4-years or around 60,000 miles fairly typically these days since "longlife" servicing became prevalent.

I change every 15-20,000 km, in the summer because they drank too much, but if smartly, you need to read the manual for your car.

After picking up the S5 a few weeks back, 25K on the clock, I thought I would check the air filter housing as some had reported debris in there.
I'm not sure if an animal had been living there but lots of feathers and leaves !!

Attachments

• PXL_20210823_121033521.jpg
    PXL_20210823_121033521.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: quattrorally