Air intake or exhaust?

mikebn - Do you have any photos yet? I have just swapped the foam Carbonio panel filter for a BMC one. I take it you've got the panel filter also. Not sure I can tell any difference, but I was told that foam filters can disintegrate and foul the MAF.

Hey guys...just got my car chipped in germany by the tuner Heron, and what a difference!

Thats how the car should have been from the start. I havent dynoed it yet but it is alot faster then before.:rockwoot:

Another thing is that they said that it will push 1,6 bar of boost with the chip. How much boost does you guys with chip have?

BTW I have a 2 years full warranty that covers :
  • Engine: cylinder block, cylinder head and cylinder seal, crank case, case of planetary piston engines as well as all the inner components that are connected with the oil-circulation system.
  • Standard and automatic transmission: gearbox casing and all inner components including the troque converter, axle gearing, axle transmission casing (front-wheel and rear-wheel drive) and all inner components

CJP80 said:
mikebn - Do you have any photos yet? I have just swapped the foam Carbonio panel filter for a BMC one. I take it you've got the panel filter also. Not sure I can tell any difference, but I was told that foam filters can disintegrate and foul the MAF.

Hey dude,

Finally got the BMC CAI on and it does make a nice little difference up in the rev range. More noticeable is the throttle response and the engines eagerness to rev more freely...

As for install - the engine cover needs to come off to get at the stock filter which was a little fiddly but after cursing and swearing a bit it all came together and am very happy with the drivability. It’s a CAI and not the replacement filter so there is some induction sound on full throttle…

You should see & feel better results combined with the exhaust

I’ll gets some pics up this weekend

Cheers
M