Air intake...

I was sent one at the end of last year free of charge as the kits wear the fuel line.
That's interesting - do you have any more details? Is this just a problem for this kit or a risk in general?

OK, I just checked some before and after photos and see that on the OE intake pipe there is a clip for the hose. I note that the REVO pipe has a matt exterior - is it slightly abrasive because of this? My 034 pipe is smooth/glossy so I'm not sure there should be a rubbing problem, but nevertheless I might just use a bit of tape at the two points of contact to be sure.

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chipmunk73
I have a spare forge silicon intake pipe at home if anyone is interested for 20 quid

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chipmunk73
Right i on the same page now lol .. i thought at first some type of barcket to fix fuel line in place. So its a longer fuel line so it can be moved underneath (in picture).. i see this is s known problem for most kits i guess with a metal air intake ? I guess silicone and plastic dont get as hot or is it something different causing fuel line to get damaged?.. where can i get a line especially for it,, anyone know a uk dealer for stuff like that I see it on sale im America with heat protection for $30... thanks for input

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180503-183755.png
    Screenshot_20180503-183755.png
    1,009 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: Carlos85
... just read dippy response. So is the issue of fuel line to do with rubbing or heat? Can anyone clarify

It's the fuel line rubbing on the intake pipe.
The same issue has been reported with quite a few different kits.
I had already put a rubber spacer on the pipe to stop it rubbing,but a free fix kit was nice

Thanks so its the rubbing that is the issue. Problem is i bought mine off ebay off dealer called v hub .. he says he know nothing about relocation kit for fuel line . He just sell the kit that comes.. so ill have to sort myself out.. looks like revo prob will only help out if i bought through them... any suggestions for an easy alternative than fuel line change to ptotect from rubbing?

If you look at the link I shared it is literally some fuel hose & clamps

K&N filter ordered and big thanks to mdmay for helping me out with the Forge silicon intake - top man :)

Got the quote back from the local revo dealer today - will be booked in for stage 1+ within next 2 weeks!

K&N filter ordered and big thanks to mdmay for helping me out with the Forge silicon intake - top man :)

Got the quote back from the local revo dealer today - will be booked in for stage 1+ within next 2 weeks!

You wont be disappointed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hellz
Bit like a kid in the run up to Xmas now - just want it done. First time I will have had a car remapped/modified to this extent. They've offered rolling road before/after for £40ish - not sure its worth it for the sake of a print out? Was quoted £934+vat which seems reasonable - includes Pully, fitting, plus software? Will do the intake myself.

Bit like a kid in the run up to Xmas now - just want it done. First time I will have had a car remapped/modified to this extent. They've offered rolling road before/after for £40ish - not sure its worth it for the sake of a print out? Was quoted £934+vat which seems reasonable - includes Pully, fitting, plus software? Will do the intake myself.

It's entirely down to whether you want the bragging rights or not really, it will be very obviously different when you drive it anyways... I would be tempted at £40 when your spending all that money anyways though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not fussed about bragging rights :) I was thinking that when it comes to sale sometimes it might be of interest to people buying it to see when it was done, who it was done by and what the power output was - receipts can demonstrate most of aforementioned though. Take the point though - for the sake of £40, why not.

Should be part of the package at that price@!$$$$ ide expect any garage offering this software with a dyno to be included in price .. ik my local revo dealer quoted 699 or 749 +vat stage1 with rolling road b4 n after

Any uk supplier anyone? Or a recommended universal kit similar??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180503-210331.png
    Screenshot_20180503-210331.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 260
Cheers Chipmunk - I'll ask if they can just throw it in for free considering the amount being spent. Pully was standard revo price, labour was £75 plus vat and having seen people do the pully change on youtube, seems reasonable to me! I know I'd probably cause more bad than good if I tried it myself! :)

What year your car? . Later models have a simple bolt on .. mine bolt on. But ik what i mean with the ones they have to heat up then stick on ive seen on u tube

I’ve got the ECS fuel line relocation kit on mine.

I need to get on to them as the rubber has started to crack on it already!

Not fussed about bragging rights :) I was thinking that when it comes to sale sometimes it might be of interest to people buying it to see when it was done, who it was done by and what the power output was - receipts can demonstrate most of aforementioned though. Take the point though - for the sake of £40, why not.
Ive not modded a car for years .. last time was fiesta in 90's lol and bmw 3 series in 00ies.. i was keeping all stock parts and was going to put back to stock for resale .. thought may be worth more that way?? What dya think ??

Will this be ok to relocate fuel line? .. anyone know exact size line i will need ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180504-120134.png
    Screenshot_20180504-120134.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 249
I agree, if in future you want to sell the car and find an enthusiast buyer (the best way), the printout will be helpful to secure the deal.
However there is another important reason: What if you don't have the RR printout and you are dissatisfied with the result? You won't know if its a problem with a tune or a problem with the car. Having the before printout showing around 340PS demonstrates that the car was good before the tune.

Revo SPS+ switch - yay or nay? I always put V-power in and there's plentiful petrol stations nearby with 98+ron, from various comments on these boards the Revo switch only seems to be of use if you're concerned about access to decent fuel. I appreciate the anti-theft might be useful at times. Beyond this though, is there any real good reason to get one?

If you ever go to pod or a track the S#PS is worth while as you can use even higher octane fuel.
The revo tune will give you even more ignition timing (around 5 degrees or so) on the higher setting.
You gain power across the re range with it.

Ta, won't be taking it to track or pod - just spent ££££ on new tyres! I guess its a nay! Cheers mate.

Theres a little pipe connected to intake .when installing new intake does this just pull off where the rubber hose joins connection?

Attachments

• 20180505_141958.jpg
    20180505_141958.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 248
Yes the rubber hose just pulls off the intake pipe, there is a connector for it on the Forge pipe you just slip it on.

Yep all went well pipe just pulled off .everything in place just went to secure final bracket keep everything in place to realise bracket to big . Check picture.. so put the old air intake on and messaged vhub .. v hub had it delivered straight from revo to me . New relocation fuel line kit included.
e7d0480bdde2e33141152ebd821b52db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CREC must be mounted differently

Waiting on reply .. still lol.. i got a friend who will make a perfect bracket but would of rather had original revo bracket... tried to post a pic of intake installed but keeps saying file to large?? Its says this even if i try to post the same pic i posted yesterday no problem :(??

IMG 4313 new bracket design ... no reply from v hub or revo .. looks like sort myself out
IMG 4313

But REVO do advertise the kit for the CREC engine, even thought they think it is a 2104 model. Surely they must have checked it and so needed to make a new bracket?

REVOkitCREC