Air Intakes

mhill

Reaction score
Looking to change the air intake an wondered what the favored option is & some pictures installed please?

love to know i wana do it myself i was thinking of this from awesome gti Carbonio Intake 2.0T FSI

af_ind_carb_20t.jpg

love to know i wana do it myself i was thinking of this from awesome gti Carbonio Intake 2.0T FSI

af_ind_carb_20t.jpg

CarbonSpeed is much the same but a fair bit cheaper. It depends what you want to do, you can get a bit more power by fitting a full CAI and replacing the engine cover, but the CarbonSpeed / Carbonio is ideal if you want to keep the engine cover in place.

more power more power im goin full cai then lol

I have a Forge CAI and its great. Soon to have it wrapped in a gold heat reflective material, keep those intake temps nice and low. Yes Jonny, i have taken a page out of your book!

In regards to the Forge, do not be worried about the filter location. I have been through many heavy showers on the motorway with a lot of spray and there has been no problem at all!

In regards to the Forge, do not be worried about the filter location. I have been through many heavy showers on the motorway with a lot of spray and there has been no problem at all!

If im honest that was putting me of as i do live out in the sticks and our road often floods this time of year.

Though i think i proffer the OEM look of the Carboni though

The Carboni is a waste of money IMO. It looks nice in the engine bay but improvements are close to 0%. You would be better saving your money and going for either a Evoms or a dbilia. Both wouldn't have an issue with water. But for the Forge to have a problem you would have to completely submerge the front of the car in water and keep your foot flat on the gas. Can you honestly tell me you have done that before?

The Carboni is a waste of money IMO. It looks nice in the engine bay but improvements are close to 0%.

The Carbonia has a much larger and more efficiently shaped air intake , and doesn't allow half of the air to escape into the engine bay like the OE one (with its split entry configuration). I'll happily concede the Forge, Neuspeed and dbilas units offer better flow rates, but the Carbonia is still an improvement over the OE set up (albeit an expensive one). The engine cover which is retained as part of the Carbonia set up is more a restriction than the Carbonia itself.

Also the Carbonia comes with a dry panel air filter for that money, and allows people to retain a bit of OE appearance when it goes back to fussy dealers.

The Carbonia has a much larger and more efficiently shaped air intake , and doesn't allow half of the air to escape into the engine bay like the OE one (with its split entry configuration). I'll happily concede the Forge, Neuspeed and dbilas units offer better flow rates, but the Carbonia is still an improvement over the OE set up (albeit an expensive one). The engine cover which is retained as part of the Carbonia set up is more a restriction than the Carbonia itself.

Also the Carbonia comes with a dry panel air filter for that money, and allows people to retain a bit of OE appearance when it goes back to fussy dealers.

the carbonio does very little other than look nice so it depends what you are after. I sold mine and replaced it with an Evoms.

you say about the split in the oem intake allowing air to escape which the carbonio doesn't - i thought the same then then started thinking how easy it would have been for Audi to close that off and why that whole piece is so over engineered if it didn't serve a purpose

:uhm:

you say about the split in the oem intake allowing air to escape which the carbonio doesn't - i thought the same then then started thinking how easy it would have been for Audi to close that off and why that whole piece is so over engineered if it didn't serve a purpose

:uhm:

part of me wondered if the OEM over-engineering of the intake was to stop any water getting into the air intake system by allowing it to flush through. Some people have tried blocking off the bottom section of the OEM intake but all reports I have heard about have failed to work for any length of time.