Air Vent Magnet Phone Holder for 8V

Stephen C

Reaction score
I recently ordered this Automobio phone holder hoping it would fit the 8V's unusual air vents. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

The only report of one working I can find is the Blue-Garuda (pictured below) but it can't be ordered in the UK, unless from eBay with about £10 shipping costs from the US.

16597170607_8a0225d2d8_c.jpg

Anyone use one of these with their 8V?

Sorry but I think they all look naff! And why do you want your phone up there anyway, with BT connection. I keep mine in my pocket all the time. Illegal to touch it while you are driving anyway.

:blahblah1:

I have an iPhone 6. Wanted to use one of these because in London traffic, Waze is significantly better than the £1000 Audi maps I paid for and I'd like to see the screen close to where the main screen is.

I tested a vent mount from Apple and then filed it in the bin. Mount was fine but our vents cannot take the weight of a phone and you end up driving around with your screen posting towards the floor. I ended up getting a stick on Tetrax magnet mount from Halfords and applied it to the dash for when I want my phone mounted at MMI screen level.

*Edit: The mount I purchased was the Fix

I'm a big fan of the QuadLock case (http://www.quadlockcase.com) and mounts, if you don't mind a windscreen suction mount. A single twist and it's secured, simple to attach and remove with one hand in the car. And if you're a cyclist or runner, they have excellent mounts for that too :)

This Brodit bracket looks better than the one between the vents

IMG_1240_zpsoc5iswvs.jpg

IMG_1238_zpsqpb9yf7u.jpg