Airbag Compatability

rsbowling

Reaction score
Hello,

This is linked to my earlier post. Im in the process of changing seats. I have the standard se seats in but have bought newer s-line ones. The car is a 2005 but the new seats are 2009. Would the age difference between car and seat mean the airbag would be rubuffed by the computer? Or will it simply just plug in without complication?

Many thanks

Richard

It's a grey area but imo it should be possible if the parts are physically identical with same resistance through circuitry (even if p/n are slightly different). I have mixed and matched part numbers on an L type in this capacity (ie seat belts and airbags and no problem with light being on / codes etc). However, it is not tried and tested, so there is no sure evidence available to support the airbags will actually work but when i did it, i used parts that where physically identical in all but their part numbers..

Hello,

Thankyou for sharing your experience with me. If you wouldnt mind looking at my first post and casting your opinion upon it, I would be very grateful

Regards

Richard

Richard with all respect, no need to create 3 threads on the same subject, keep it to one, then all collective info given helps you better & also others who may read later :)

Apologies. Im new to the forum. Ill stick to one thread per subject in future. Thankyou for your advice in previous threads!

No worries, I'll ask Sandra to compact them all into 1 :)