Airbag light

Flosman

Reaction score
Hi could you guys help me with this airbag problem I have so it started yesterday after picking someone up they jump in my car slammed my door (kinda hard) she is a big her so say down with a thud instantly my air bag light came on now I’ve never had that before after getting home I managed to clear the code but after a while came back on in the motion of the girl getting in would she have done something to one of the sensors would like to know where there located I can see one under the seat not sure if there is one in the side where the seat belt is wanted to try solved the problem with any solutions given I will give a try before going garage thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
First thing I would do is loosen all the seat mounting bolts, tip the seat back and check the wires, if she went down with such a thud a wire might of got trapped or broken.
Did you not get the error code when you got the light took out?

I’ll get on to this first thing in the morning no used a friends obd eleven to just clear the light doesn’t have the function to show error codes

OBD Eleven can show error codes, I have it myself.
Connect to the car, click scan and it will list all the number of error codes and have the module number in a red circle above the 'scan' area.
Each number with a red circle around it is the module with the fault, so go into the modules and select the correct number and then press 'show faults' or words to that effect (going from memory).
You can then view the fault codes and make a not of them.
Failing that, after the scan is complete you should see an email icon at the top of the screen. Press that and email it to yourself.

Reactions: Flosman
Cheers Dave getting in this know let you know what I come up with thanks again

This is the result I’ve got
5513d3ec1f790344f70dcfdb98835177.jpg
now to try resolve the problem

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
@Daveyonthemove
Great answer and great example concerning the help being offered thread. 'Quality off Posts'

Your response must have been a tremendous help and relief to the OP who is clearly having trouble sorting out or knowing where to start with the problem he has. With your advice he is now streets ahead which will probably save him a great deal of money at the garage if it is a loose or trapped wire that he and his friends can sort,and clear the fault code.
Much better than being told to search or referred to someone else. I know who to ask with my next problem!

I agree thanks again Dave managed to sort the problem was under the seat problem solved thanks again

So what was the actual problem?

As i've said in another recent thread, I'm not here to fall out with people or annoy them.
I like to help where I can. I am glad the little bit of advice I could offer has helped someone. That's what forums are about.

Reactions: Flosman