Aircon doesn't seem very cold...

Reaction score
Hi all.

I recently had my A4s Aircon regassed, it was only down 150g in gas so not too bad. Now fully recharged I'd expect good performance, but honestly even on the 'Lo' settings it doesn't really get anything like cold in the cabin

Is there anything I can check? I know motors blend hot/cold air as one was stuck back in winter.

Can I measure the cold temperature of the Aircon matrix somehow and see how that compares to the air being blown out of the cabin vents?

All hints welcome. Also if there is any way to decrease the lowest temperature I'd like to know, 18 degrees is pathetic really; My wife's Toyota goes down to 17 and you can really feel the difference.

So once again to answer my own question...

I removed and lubricated all of the HVAC motors using spray silicone so they were moving cleanly without stutter.

I then used vagcom to recalibrate the HVAC system and found it was better but not perfect.

I decided to replace the HVAC unit itself with a late 2004 model because the hardware and software is updated and improved. The later model goes down to 16 degrees and appears to be a big improvement! Got it for £17 on eBay, happy with that

Attachments

• IMG_20210723_152455.jpg
    IMG_20210723_152455.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: s3tby