Aircon issue/radiator fans

VagCabby

Reaction score
Hello my brother's Audi A3 2.0tdi Aircon isn't working. We had it regassed and it still didn't kick in, ECON light was lit still. I replaced the pressure sensor and now the ECON light is out but the Aircon still isn't blowing cold. I have a feeling the fans are at fault, when the car is up to temperature and left for a while the fans never seem to come on (on my A6 they do after idling for a while), if I pull the fan fuse both rad fans blow at full power, again if I unplug the climatronic unit then the rad fans kick in again at full power and go off again when I plug it back in!. Could it be possible that the control module has failed in the fans? Any way to properly check it has failed? When I run a fan test via VCDS the fans won't start up. Don't want to spend money on fans if they are ok....

Common problem, does your brothers a3 over heat? If not his fans will kick in at 90 or just before.

Fans should come on right away if air con is switched on, soubds like the fan controller which is built into the large fan.

Car doesn't over heat, temp stays at 90 but we had to running for 20mins at when it was at 90 and the fans didn't kick in at all

Strange...sounds like fan controller. Checked fuses?

Yup all fuses are good, as said if I pull the fuse the fans kick in at full power! May just replace the fans