Aircon not working

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
With the recent hot weather i decided to switch my aircon on,on Monday the light illuminated when i pressed the switch but the air didnt get any colder stayed the same as when the button was off and the temp turned to cold(LO).I have not used the car a great deal since October due to me rupturing my patella tendon and not being able to drive.When i have used the car over winter ive not had the air con on (hot or cold).Car is booked in at the dealers on Wednesday they tell me it may need re-gassing cost of £60 for this inc a air con service.Anyone had any experience if this or anything i can try or do before going to dealers or an yother issues that it could be?Car is still under warranty until September.

Cheers

Andy

had the same thing on the wifes fiesta.If its not used then the rubber seals perish.Hopefully this is not the case, but dont tell them you havent used it.Hope its a regas, and i hope they dont use that lemon stuff to clean it.Cos it stinks for weeks!!!.Ive given up with the dealer about my air con.it still smells and doesnt get properly cold like the courtesy a4 i used.'within tolerance' ****** is the answer i got.So its off to an independant i guess....and maybe a fiddle with vcds

Just got the car back for the local dealer and aircon is working a treat,the job card reads internal electrical defect with high pressure sender-sender replaced.Warranty job so im happy with that.