Aircon stopped working over night

Scullies

Reaction score
Yesterday the aircon was work, it use to get very very cold. Now this morning its not getting cold. I can feel the compressor engaing, the rpm jumps up a bit when the climate control is turned on. I have noticed that the condensor fan does not start at all with the aircon on.
Both fans start but this is for the radiator cooling purpose.
I have also noticed I get hot air coming through the vents when the climate control is off. This is only when I am driving, so should be outside air. The heater core has also been bypassed and the inlet water hose is looped back to the outlet water hose for the heater core.
I have checked the flap that lets hot/cold air in, its working and makes no difference with the air temp.

Should the aircon pipes in the engine bay get cold?
Should the condensor fan start with the aircon?
Could I need the gas refilled over night, or should it still be slightly cold?

Cheers

aircon pipes should be cold
fan should run with ac
it may have sprung a leak
is your cc unit set at auto ?
can you turn auto off ?

Yeah the cc is set to auto and I can turn it off, all the buttons are working on the cc.
I will take it for a leak test/refill.
Would the fan not running be linked to the system not getting cold? Relay problem?

Ok, so after having the system tested. I have a leak in the aircon pipe that runs from the compressor to the condensor :banghead:
Got to get it sorted before the summer starts, its already getting to the mid 30's here in Dubai.