AITP 6 discussions

I will be bringing a gas stove with the whistle kettle!lol.. Also I will have a cool box in the boot with some good irish burgers, sausages and beer! :)

I will be at the park around 4ish! :)

Reactions: RS5 JON and Macdoon
OK guys, so I'm the only one with a gas stove, just bought it to boil water for coffee in the morning, had to beg some hot water last year from some audi-enthusiast guys, I don't do the cooking thing, there's a chippy at billing. :yahoo:

Nah John i'll be bringing my wee gas stove too pal, just for a brew lol

Reactions: RS5 JON
Shaun, Mac, give me a phone when you arrive, as it looks like I'll be sitting back with my feet up, in the sun I hope, when you guys arrive. :beerchug:

Reactions: Point_Audi
I will prob be there around 3-4 o'clock also, if it was up to me if be there sooner but the lad who's coming with me works the morning :)

Reactions: Point_Audi and RS5 JON
Shaun, Mac, give me a phone when you arrive, as it looks like I'll be sitting back with my feet up, in the sun I hope, when you guys arrive. :beerchug:
right im now heading to be there for 12-1300ish , happy days

I will prob be there around 3-4 o'clock also, if it was up to me if be there sooner but the lad who's coming with me works the morning :)

Let us know when you arrive SI, did you get booked into Shelduck Meadow1?

Let us know when you arrive SI, did you get booked into Shelduck Meadow1?

I will do John yeah, yes I managed to get on on there after a bit of hassle lol but I'm on so that's a good do, is it plots or grab a space?

I will do John yeah, yes I managed to get on on there after a bit of hassle lol but I'm on so that's a good do, is it plots or grab a space?

Good stuff mate, it's grab a space. If I'm there before you I'll keep you a spot next to me, Mac & Shaun, in fact whoever is there first should keep spots for all four of us.

Reactions: Point_Audi, Macdoon and SI-W85
Hi, With just over a week to go, what time shall we start arriving on to the club stand? :)

Good stuff mate, it's grab a space. If I'm there before you I'll keep you a spot next to me, Mac & Shaun, in fact whoever is there first should keep spots for all four of us.

Sounds good to me John you will get some odd looks guarding 4 spaces though :/

Will do John, should be there about 4ish,looking forward to it! :)

I was just wondering would you guys know of any good jet washes near the event? I just need the jet rinse itself I will have everything else I need in the boot!lol.. The car will be clean when I leave but that no doubt it will be dirty by the time I arrive!lol..

Cheers

I was just wondering would you guys know of any good jet washes near the event? I just need the jet rinse itself I will have everything else I need in the boot!lol.. The car will be clean when I leave but that no doubt it will be dirty by the time I arrive!lol..

Cheers

Im sure there is a BP and Shell Petrol Station nearby that has a jetwash, so you should be able to use one of those mate.

Reactions: Arrkon
Im half tempted to go greenlaning in the allroad and just turn up like that :p haha or bring some ramps Exxxtpic2

What sort of time are people getting there to be on stand. Yesterday was a 5am start to be at Silverstone for Ford Fair, the mrs isn't too keen on that sort of a start next weekend. lol

What sort of time are people getting there to be on stand. Yesterday was a 5am start to be at Silverstone for Ford Fair, the mrs isn't too keen on that sort of a start next weekend. lol

If your in Herts pal, so it's not far from you, so you could leave at 0730 and be there for 0900ish, I live in Braintree and if I'm not camping night before I usually leave around 0630 and arrive 0800ish.

Are there any convoys leaving from or passing Manchester/stockportish way?

If your in Herts pal, so it's not far from you, so you could leave at 0730 and be there for 0900ish, I live in Braintree and if I'm not camping night before I usually leave around 0630 and arrive 0800ish.

Cool, mrs won't be cursing me all day for that time on a Sunday so that's a touch. AA Planner says an hour and 10, Recon I can get that down to 50 mins on a Sunday morning :)

Likewise, any convoys heading up A1m corridor?

Cool, mrs won't be cursing me all day for that time on a Sunday so that's a touch. AA Planner says an hour and 10, Recon I can get that down to 50 mins on a Sunday morning :)

Likewise, any convoys heading up A1m corridor?

or you could always join us camping the night before..........

Are you heading past London or up to Cambridge and across? I live in Braintree also but am on holiday for the week in hopton for the week. If your going past Cambridge I'll meet you at the services if you want?

Are you heading past London or up to Cambridge and across? I live in Braintree also but am on holiday for the week in hopton for the week. If your going past Cambridge I'll meet you at the services if you want?

I'm camping night before pal

Is anyone travelling across from Norfolk? Meant to be on holiday at hopton but convinced the missus if I've got the ticket, I'm going, lol

I will be travelling from Kings Lynn if that assists. If anyone else is going near/from Kings Lynn area im happy to meet up somewhere for the journey at a station or other place for a wee convoy?

I'll be giving it a good run up to Northampton on Saturday to visit the Misses parents and stay over, so I'll give the old girl a quick wash Sunday morning and be over to Billing about 9 - half 9

I'll be giving it a good run up to Northampton on Saturday to visit the Misses parents and stay over, so I'll give the old girl a quick wash Sunday morning and be over to Billing about 9 - half 9

"The old girl" - are you referring to the hearse or your missus' mother?

For the record I'll aim to arrive by about 9am on Sunday.

Reactions: SI-W85
Just wondering if dogs are allowed at the show, the mrs wants to come and it's a long time to leave the dog at home on his own.

"The old girl" - are you referring to the hearse or your missus' mother?For the record I'll aim to arrive by about 9am on Sunday.
Haha I am referring, of course, to the RS, remember I'm a bit younger than you so my (would be) mother in law is probably in slightly better knick than yours :) ;)
Just wondering if dogs are allowed at the show, the mrs wants to come and it's a long time to leave the dog at home on his own.
Dogs are allowed, we took the spaniel last year and we will be again this year.

Reactions: The Doctor, SI-W85 and Sandra
I'm not gunna have the time to polish my motor before the weekend but it doesn't look too bad after a wash, although I would have liked to have polished it as it's over due and I've just bought a new clay bar mitt I wanted to try out, has anybody else tried one of these things, supposed to be loads faster than a clay bar. Also is everybody else polishing there's as if they are I'll make sure I get it done???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Bought & used one of these a few weeks ago SI, took me about 30 mins to do the full car and IMO made a great job of it. Re. polishing the car at aitp, yes I'll need to give mine a good clean and polish as it'll be mucky from the 6+ hour drive, bugs ect. weather supposed to be ok on the Saturday so we won't be the only ones cleaning and polishing mate.

P.S make sure you keep the paint surface of the car wet when using clay mitt, you probably know this though.

Reactions: Point_Audi and SI-W85
Oh good I'm wondering wether or not to give mine a full doing Friday night then wash it when I arrive and get some rapid detailer on the go Sunday morning:/ only trouble is I don't have the time to spend 8 hours doing it properly so may just have to get a mini polish lol I'll do my best to get it done. Glad the clay mitt works though John as the 50p piece size clay takes forever.

Oh good I'm wondering wether or not to give mine a full doing Friday night then wash it when I arrive and get some rapid detailer on the go Sunday morning:/ only trouble is I don't have the time to spend 8 hours doing it properly so may just have to get a mini polish lol I'll do my best to get it done. Glad the clay mitt works though John as the 50p piece size clay takes forever.

Depending how bad mine is, I'll be quick detailing or taking it for a wash, think there's a jet wash near by or even one at the garage just outside billing aquadrome, either way I'll be doing some cleaning/detailing on Saturday, polish in one hand, beer in another. :beerchug:

Reactions: Point_Audi and SI-W85
Depending how bad mine is, I'll be quick detailing or taking it for a wash, think there's a jet wash near by or even one at the garage just outside billing aquadrome, either way I'll be doing some cleaning/detailing on Saturday, polish in one hand, beer in another. :beerchug:

Yeah well as long as I have a beer in my hand not too bothered if I'm polishing my car or sat on my **** either way it's gunna involve beer

At least you/we can blame the drink if the cars aren't upto scratch, oh scratch, that's a bad word when talking about cleaning/polishing cars. oops :keule:

Reactions: SI-W85
Yeah don't need anymore of those John I've been threatening to have the car re sprayed due to a couple of scratches that annoy me when polishing it, nobody else notices them but I know there there and they wind me up, after vw festival it's getting done I'm thinking one of these two colours :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 203
There both nice colours mate, and oh how shiney they are, know what you mean about the small scratches that are annoying, got a few myself but no plans to respray, but if forced into it I would consider plasti-dip or a wrap job.