alarm horn location

simonwjones

Reaction score
the alarm horn, h12 is opencircuit so have ordered a replacement.

Ive seen threads showing the position of the horn under the scuttle panel mounted under a bracket next to the heater valves.

On mine its definitely not there.

can anyone confirm where it should be

thanks

Simon

Hope this picture helps!
horn_zpsoz14b4fo.jpg

Last edited:
B5NUT

aren't those just the standard horns

this is the one Im trying to locate

Attachments

• larmhorn.jpg
    larmhorn.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 161
Sorry miss read your post, updated with the correct image

Also been out and check my car and it's also not there... I've just about stripped my car down and it's the one thing I've never seen! On the A4's it was in the rear, but I'm 100% it's not there on the a6

At least Im not cracking up then or gone blind.

wonder if its in the rear somewhere, although cant remember seeing it when I fitted my dab etc, has that process required a fair bit of rear trim removal

I suppose the only other option is to set off the alarm with the windows open and try and hear where the siren noise is coming from

cant do that on mine as it doesn't work though !!!

OK, etka shows this location, it must be behind the ecu box. I've seen a wire run around the back of that box. On the down side it's a sod of a job to remove/get to that box.

horn_zpsqvr9xtib.jpg

cheers for that

job for tomorrow

wonder if I can get to it by taking the lid off the ecu box

typically out of the 2 possible positions in in the worst place

thanks again

Simon

You may be able to, It's the one area of the car I've not had to touch thankfully, but I was going to remove it as I wanted the washer bottle out and that had box had to be removed first, as the filler neck fouled on the box when trying to remove it, but in the end I gave up and left the bottle in place. It is a daft place but if a thief is trying to kill the alarm they would have a hell of a job.