Help Please Alarm horn siren location b8 S4 Avant 2012

***DK***

Reaction score
My alarm doesn't sound, just hazards flash. I have an alarm horn fault
:01134 - Alarm horn No signal/communication Active

Some say it's in the boot others I've seen at under the scuttle panel by the window wipers up front.

Can anyone confirm?

Common issue seems to be the baterries failing on the horn itself so I'll probably replace. Unless anyone has found another fix to my same issue?

Look under the hood. Locate cabin air intake (air filter). Horn should be under this plastic furniture

Attachments

• alarm -horn.pdf
    543.9 KB · Views: 625
Reactions: Meemo
Great thanks, just bought a replacement second hand so hopefully should be a quick swap over and working again. Fingers crossed

That's a nuisance, I've heard about this in the past on VWs and maybe Skodas, but I've owned and ran a 2000 Passat for 13 years and 95K miles and my wife owned and ran a 2002 Polo for 13 years and 105K miles and both cars still had their original horn boxes and the original batteries in them.
I don't suppose that you are planning on cutting open the old box and checking and maybe replacing the battery pack with a couple of suitable batteries?
It seems like some times it is just the batteries dying and in other times it is terminal failure of a component in the box.

I was going to do that but there are so many second hand ones for about £15 it's just easier to swap out.

Changed the alarm siren this morning. Very quick job but still no beep or alarm sound. Cleared faults with obdeleven but it comes back straight away.

Did see a new fault
Electronics Rear Right System description: TSG HR Software number: 8K0959795F Software version: 0357 Hardware number: 8K0959795F Hardware version: H11 Serial number: 0000018114015 Long coding: 010C12204021210001 Trouble codes: 02115 - Lock unit for central locking Implausible signal

If anyone has seen these types of symptoms any help appreciated

Thanks

Cut open the old siren tonight and checked for leaks and voltage on the batteries. No leaks and batteries show a strong voltage. I've actually ordered one more spare from eBay for a last chance that I had two duds but chances are slim.
Accidentally cut through the siren wires so if I use this again I'll solder them on the board.

If that doesn't work guessing either door lock actuator or comfort module. Don't think it will be the comfort module as its tucked away in the boot right side wall nice and dry so can't believe it would have developed a fault.
1b2cc8e8db1db7c3d55453ded750aea9.jpg
bc3f46af69f7c77612f5e8361f52c8a1.jpg
4761ebf249f52fdaeb75d12ceed38c31.jpg

Last edited:
Afraid not. Car was stolen soon after I was looking into this issue and never got it back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Afraid not. Car was stolen soon after I was looking into this issue and never got it back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Really sorry to hear about that, what F/ing scumbags..