Alarm problems

JGrant

Reaction score
Hi guys has anyone ever had any trouble with their alarm? Mine just keeps going off after I've locked it usually after ten mins all my windows are up etc it did have a light saying boot open I oopen n shut it it went but the alarm still keeps going off.. I have had it remapped last week it's been fine until today on my lunch time at work decided it would just randomly go off ... Any help or pointing in the right direction would be a help .. Thanks

I've not experienced this personally but in the mountains of receipts when I bought my S3 there was an invoice that says investigate alarm going off, traced to rear wiper washer leaking onto boot lock. Repair and clean wires etc.

Hope this helps

Reactions: JGrant
the siren in the boot is common to fail due to the batteries in it,my b6 did this randomly,a used siren sorted it out.

Had this on my old 8l turned out to be the battery for the alarm horn, not sure if our 8ps are the same?!

I've not experienced this personally but in the mountains of receipts when I bought my S3 there was an invoice that says investigate alarm going off, traced to rear wiper washer leaking onto boot lock. Repair and clean wires etc.

Hope this helps
Cheers bud my rear wiper has just started playing up and I have been spraying it to try get it to work normally do this may be the cause

Reactions: S3DUST
Mine started after the boot had been opened, closed then the car locked. Could had been related to the lock too. Don't have the car anymore.