Alarm problems

lil_coz

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Hoping someone can help me here... My grandad has an A2 and hes started having some problems locking and unlocking the car. The fob hardly worked so he locked and un-locked it using the key. This would then set the alarm off and would take an age to get it to shut up.

The first thing I asked him when he told me this was if his fob battery was flat. After we changed it, the car locks/unlocks normally using the fob but the alarm will not set (no flashing indicators when locking or red flashing light on door). When you unlock it, the indicators flash up as normal.

Now if the battery in the fob got changed, do you have to re-set it to the car or is there another reason why the alarm wont set?

Also I think it might be worth running his car on VAGCOM so if anyone has one around the Dunstable/Luton area that would be willing to help out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Coss.

I would defo recommend VAGCOM, that would ID any issues that you may have with the alarm/keyfob....

I would defo recommend VAGCOM, that would ID any issues that you may have with the alarm/keyfob....

Try this, it's the procedure to re-sync the fob after the battery has been replaced.

Manually lock the car with key, remove the key from the lock and then re-insert it and unlock it.
Put the key in the ignition and start the engine.
Run the engine for a few seconds (10 is plenty) then turn off the engine and remove the key.
IMMEDIATELY PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE KEY FOB. The indicators will blink and the key is re-synced.

Try this, it's the procedure to re-sync the fob after the battery has been replaced.

Manually lock the car with key, remove the key from the lock and then re-insert it and unlock it.
Put the key in the ignition and start the engine.
Run the engine for a few seconds (10 is plenty) then turn off the engine and remove the key.
IMMEDIATELY PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE KEY FOB. The indicators will blink and the key is re-synced.

Thanks mate! Is this procedure for all Audi's then I take it? I'll definately remeber that one.

Unfortunately, I've just gone over and tried it but the fob is not responding again. He said when he used the car today, it didn't work so he unlocked the car manually and it just unlocked the front 2 doors, after a while without him doing anything, the rear doors unlocked by themselves. Does this point at a more serious problem? Wiring within the car maybe?

I think a VAGCOM check it is then, its probably to do with a part called a central convienience unit or CCU.

Thanks for all your help guys. I've finally twisted his arm to get it checked.

Coss

Just an update on the car. Turns out it was the CCU so he's getting that sorted now. So Martin, Unkle... you were spot on! If I could I'd thank you again!

Coss

Cool

Glad its getting sorted:icon_thumright: