Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio or RS3 Saloon?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
I was looking on Carwow and I found several Alfa dealers offering fantastic discounts on the Alfa.

The largest I found was 8.8% off which is £5,640 off the car available on PCP for £58,330 with several options.

This puts the Alfa at “only” £5k more than my on order RS3 saloon - and the finance would end up coming to pretty much the same at £49k or less on both cars.

So what do you guys think?

A 510hp Sports Saloon which is now considered to be the BEST there is (better than the M3, C63) with a Ferrari engine!

There is no doubt there are lots of things missing from the spec (no lane assist, no virtual cockpit, no reversing camera!) but they are once on finance the same price essentially...

I contemplated this as I too feelnits a cracking car..... only two things stoped me from pulling the trigger

1. it only has 4 seats

2. It’s an Alfa....... which probably means in two years time it will be worth 20k

Reactions: Evil Diesel, DW81 and AudiNutta
I contemplated this as I too feelnits a cracking car..... only two things stoped me from pulling the trigger

1. it only has 4 seats

2. It’s an Alfa....... which probably means in two years time it will be worth 20k

In that case wait a bit and buy in 2yrs.

The next Rs3 might be electric!!!

Still only got 4 seats so pointless for me

The Alfa has low residuals afaik, can't see how it would be possible to get close to cost of RS3 if using their finance. Lovely car though.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Do the same thread but on an Alfa forum :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Get the Audi btw

Reactions: AudiNutta and Bristle Hound
Even the motoring press - who loved the way it drove - said that each and everyone they tested broke, in some way, some seriously.

That alone would put me off.

Plus I like German build quality and felt the the Stevio I looked at felt cheap on the inside....

It’s a tough choice as my first German is the current S1 which I plan to keep for a while but the RS3 really empresses me. I’ve had various cars including 3 Fiats, 2 Alfa’s and an Abarth and they have all been fine reliability wise. Agreed that Audi quality is better.

Go drive the Alfa first then the RS3 soon after - the Alfa won’t be as good in the wet!

The reliability might not be there on the Alfa, but if buying new with a 3yr warranty I wouldn't be so bothered.

The reliability might not be there on the Alfa, but if buying new with a 3yr warranty I wouldn't be so bothered.
Agree with this. There is something about the Alfa that is just makes you look at it, in a way that the RS3 doesn’t. RS3 is a beautiful machine, but if the monthlies are about the same then it would be hard to say no to the Italian!

Alfa Romeo ? Run away, very fast ! Probably worth a tenner after 3 years as well lol

Not really a hard choice this one :D

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and voorhees
I hired one for 3 days when I went to Cannes last year - not the quadrifoglio though. Rather basic driving experience. RS3 all the way. Mind you, the way I am burning fuel, I may need to start drilling in my back garden....... Started the day today in Esso and finished up in Shell. 165 miles driven.......

Reactions: AudiNutta, FBF01 and DW81
I wouldn't run away from Alfa.
I had a 2004 147GTa for 4 years and 60,000 miles.
It didn't miss a beat during this time and was always an event to drive.
Probably not the best hot hatch but fun in so many ways.
Oh, I wasn't insane enough to buy new though. It was a 6 month old ex demonstrator.

I wouldn't run away from Alfa.
I had a 2004 147GTa for 4 years and 60,000 miles.
It didn't miss a beat during this time and was always an event to drive.
Probably not the best hot hatch but fun in so many ways.
Oh, I wasn't insane enough to buy new though. It was a 6 month old ex demonstrator.
I bet you regret selling it now! Very few of these sold in the UK, and becoming a collectors item.

I bet you regret selling it now! Very few of these sold in the UK, and becoming a collectors item.
I've a few cars I've regretted selling... Z4M's, mk1 Focus RS amongst some of them etc

Reactions: SPIKE_
My biggest regret - giving away for free a knackered Ford XY GTHO Falcon that someone gave to me in the eighties. Now, Australians crawl over broken glass for them! $300k being a low price for them now. I'd love to know what happened to that car!

I have no luck with cars - many years ago, I decided I wanted a Mk1 Lotus Cortina. A low mileage one came up for auction with a guide price of £30k. Bidding opened at £50k, and sold for £99k! Turned out it was one of the proceeds from the Great Train Robbery...

Reactions: D0C

Yep, really regret it. I always figured that it would become a classic and wasn't that keen to sell it but needed the money to finance my 2008 S3.

Amusingly, I sold it to a guy from Ireland. I met him (and his briefcase full of cash) from his flight into Stansted and he drove it home.
I think at the time he said it was the 5th one in the whole of Ireland.

Reactions: SPIKE_
For most of us on here, car purchase is an emotive decision and less based on rationality.
I loved the AlfaQF on my drive but I have 3 sons so it lost the final vote.

This is a typical Heart vs Mind dilemma.

If you have a chance , and can afford, to get an Alfa QF, 911 Turbo (as on other thread), Ferrari or some other exotica then you have to do this at least ONCE in your life.

It might be the first and last time that you take the risk but if one always erred on the safe side of things then life would be a lot less interesting.

A L F A.

Reactions: KKOG, DW81 and Ed_rx7
I would be tempted with an Alfa on a PCP deal but the future value for a cash purchase would be somewhat risky. Lovely looking car!

If it was me, and there was only a few quid in it... I think I'd go for the Alfa! As well as it being a change, that thing just looks utterly ridiculous (in a great way)!

My heart says Alfa,my head Audi.
Reliability is the only thing that would put me off the Alfa