Aliens

quattrogone

Quattro Back!
Reaction score
My headlight washers are being a pain whenever I clean my screen with the lights on one or both of the flaps never closes properly, when I get out of the car I find that I barely have to touch them to make the flap close.
I don't want to squirt wd40 in there but wondered if anyone else has had success with any method in particular?

Just push the bumper a little on that side, had that before, was a simple bumper nudge required.

Maybe a pipe has moved very slightly, or with age the surface of one of the rubber pipes has because a bit more resistant to the plastic rubbing over it.

I was a bit surprised by the pipe routings the 2nd time that I had my front bumper off, but the washers still get up okay and get pulled back down by their springs, along with the covers.

Just push the bumper a little on that side, had that before, was a simple bumper nudge required.
I did try this tonight but it hasn't cured the problem.
I'll have a poke around tomorrow when I have more time. Maybe a squirt of something in there might be enough...

I had this issue on my car 2/3 years ago after 'beast from the east' and I also didn't want to use wd40 so I used vaseline. I applied it on smaller half which is extending/retracting and also bit on a flap/cover wher washer head touch it.
It resolved the problem... Now I'm just thinking to do both since I bought ptfe lub which I'm using on folding mirrors....