All ordered, now the long wait begins,,

Andru8

Reaction score
As you may know from my thread here,
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/contemplating-s3-or-golf-r.258136/page-4 I was contemplating eith a Golf R or S3. After all the comments and recommendations I have just put the phone down to the dealers and placed a £500 deposit. I am told the car will be here either in March or early April. I'm going to have to forget about it for a while. That will be hard though as I will jump in a £500 scrapper until then!

Roll on March 2016!

Reactions: Pulp84, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 5 others
Excellent news! Good choice... what spec in the end?!

What spec/colour you go for? :) x

Ditto as above ......and what scrapper have you got..lol :haha:

..........no messing about mate........................back of the net !! :racer:

Reactions: Sandra
Wise decision nice one.

Full spec please :)

spec man........................spec!! Come on, the suspense is killing us............... ;)

Excellent news! Good choice... what spec in the end?!

I finally decided on

Sportsback Sepang Blue S-tronic
privacy glass
Panoramic sunroof
electric/folding mirrors
Black roof bars
high beam assist
B&O speakers
black styling pack
comfort pack
fine nappa black leather, decided that over the silver due to trying to keep it clean
interior light pack
technology pack
18" 5twin spoke wheels

I had a discount of around £4200

The scrapper I'm going to look at to tomorrow is a T reg Ford Puma !

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound, pburv and 1 other person
Here is the quote from Orangewheels with the full specs and price.

Talk about impulse buying, I've never even sat in the new S3 yet !

Attachments

• Audi A3 S3 TFSI Quattro 5dr S Tronic.pdf
    86.3 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: Simon L
Very nice indeed mate................that's a rock solid looking spec. Congrats :)

Reactions: Andru8
I finally decided on

Sportsback Sepang Blue S-tronic
privacy glass
Panoramic sunroof
electric/folding mirrors
Black roof bars
high beam assist
B&O speakers
black styling pack
comfort pack
fine nappa black leather, decided that over the silver due to trying to keep it clean
interior light pack
technology pack
18" 5twin spoke wheels

The scrapper I'm going to look at to tomorrow is a T reg Ford Puma !
@Andru8 - Car & spec sound great mate :thumbs up:
Great colour choice too ;)

Oh ... Ford Puma. Decent one's are worth quite a bit, especially the 1.7's

It is the 1.7 version, I'm paying £400 with 12 months MOT. It's a stop gap until my car arrives. I'll be getting the order number tomorrow hopefully with a more accurate delivery date.

@Simon L , I see you have the connect services on your Tech pack. What is the difference between the two and is the connect worth the extra £300?

It is the 1.7 version, I'm paying £400 with 12 months MOT. It's a stop gap until my car arrives. I'll be getting the order number tomorrow hopefully with a more accurate delivery date.
Might have that off you, if you garage it every night & wax it once a week :D

Got to be melina blue too @Andru8 ;) :D

You can have it off me in April, no problems but I do not do cleaning cars it's my pet hate ! lol

Silver ;)

Just admit it Andru, ye tried to clone me car....but....there's only room for one Jassy steed in the Dodge.......lol
Long wait...nice thing to wait on though, well done....but ye old Sepangs gettin awful common in ol Dodge Citee...think l need a bigga 6 gun....lol

!

That's a great discount, I've only been offered £3400 (via carwow) for the one I'm planning on getting. Any tips on blagging more discount?

Reactions: Andru8
That's a great discount, I've only been offered £3400 (via carwow) for the one I'm planning on getting. Any tips on blagging more discount?

Go to Orangewheels and it discount seemed to get greater the higher the spec. Give it a go and see how you get on.

You're right jassyo06 but I couldn't manage to quite match yours ! Lol
I love the blue and I think it stands out really well. I wanted my BM in Estoril Blue but couldn't find the spec I wanted.

@Simon L , I see you have the connect services on your Tech pack. What is the difference between the two and is the connect worth the extra £300?

To be honest I haven't even bothered connecting mine, never got round to sorting out a data only sim! So I'd have to say probably not worth it from my point of view.

From memory, I believe it adds a google maps overlay on the Nav and a few apps....................................... no doubt someone who has enabled will correct me or add to it's feature list. Only reason I specced it was in case Audi threw something on it at a later date that I felt I couldn't live without!

Thanks for that. I didn't realise you had to supply your own SIM card with data. I thought that would have been included in the price, I'm glad I didn't spec that now.

Thanks for that. I didn't realise you had to supply your own SIM card with data. I thought that would have been included in the price, I'm glad I didn't spec that now.

...................put it this way, I've been pretty active on this forum since April and in all that time I don't remember anyone exactly raving about Audi Connect so don't think you're missing much!!

Reactions: Jassyo06

Go to Orangewheels and it discount seemed to get greater the higher the spec. Give it a go and see how you get on.

Thank for this info.

Orangewheels quoted a couple of hundred pounds better deal. After speaking to the dealer closest to me - for convenience I've gone with this one today instead :)

Thank for this info.

Orangewheels quoted a couple of hundred pounds better deal. After speaking to the dealer closest to me - for convenience I've gone with this one today instead :)

I can understand that as the dealer closer would be much more convenient.

I just need to put the S3 brochure down, I'm finding more things I want all the time. I may add Park assist plus on Monday and hopefully that should be it.

Reactions: Jassyo06
...................put it this way, I've been pretty active on this forum since April and in all that time I don't remember anyone exactly raving about Audi Connect so don't think you're missing much!!

Pretty Active...now that's the biggest understatement of the year...lol.....my connect aint been activated either...****** waste of £300 bangers see that boy of mine's l could ring his neck at times.....:box:

I can understand that as the dealer closer would be much more convenient.

I just need to put the S3 brochure down, I'm finding more things I want all the time. I may add Park assist plus on Monday and hopefully that should be it.

Ye mean that self parking thing Andru...?? if you are, DONT....gash gadget...what is your final options list mate?