All "Revo'ed" up now

johnmv55

Reaction score
I know, S*** title but thats life, I got my car checked out today to see if it had a code that was "progammable" and it has, so now it is! very nice, very smooth just like the original but more so, I went to ADS in Preston who were very proffessional etc,
Dave programmed it and we went for a short test drive while he logged a few engine parameters, slightly altered the boost and ignition timing and that was that, very nice, it's still a very tractable engine with no mad turbo "rush" and just what you would expect if it had been let out like that from the factory in the first place.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Isn;t all the Revo code fixed pricing? I know they droppped the price of the old maps earlier this year but I thought all the new stuff was £499+Vat.

I'm still deliberating what to sdo with mine, it's a year old in march so do I sell it on and buy something else or do I keep it for another year and get it chipped...Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I'll take you for a spin in mine when you get the pedals sorted... that will convince you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Revo is top stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice, how much did it cost? Did you get the SPS switcher as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

The SPS switcher has not been released yet, probably next month according to Dave, and yep, it's fixed price, anyone offering any discounts gets jumped on by Revo,

and another yes is they do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif this forum.

If you are wondering how it will perform against a 3.2 or S3 try this: print out either the Revo 2.0T power map or the S3 modified power map (from this forum) and transfer one maps figures onto the other, you will see that at the top end power is similar to the S3 1.8T engine, the interesting thing is that all the way to max power/rpm it makes more hp (nearly 40bhp at 2500 rpm more than the S3), decreasing all the way to the red line where thay end up very similar, I know it's not the same dyno etc etc, but it's surely an indication of how well this engine performs compared to the S3 and 3.2

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take you for a spin in mine when you get the pedals sorted... that will convince you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Revo is top stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers dude I will take you up on that, actually truth be told I was going to hold your pedals hostage until you had agreed to take me for a spin anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

J.

Superchips did some performance tests on their own remapped 2.0T Sportback using datron equipment for Audi driver magazine some time back.

Performance was as quick as a 4.2 S4 up to 100!! Mid range was virtually identical as well and even quicker on a couple of the midrange excelleration increments.

[ QUOTE ]

Performance was as quick as a 4.2 S4 up to 100!!

[/ QUOTE ]

MD here has just bought one of those.Gets it tomorrow.Black one that was in stock at local dealer (thought these things were like hens' teeth and had a waiting list,evidently not ?)

Nice guy,but a clueless driver.I'd venture most people on here would beat him on anything other than the straightest of roads.

Strange habit of constantly getting on and off the throttle as well,even when the road dictates a constant speed.Like 'kangaroo petrol' syndrome.
Makes passengers feel quite sick.

On the bright side,I bet a get a shot of the S4 by the end of the week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Superchips car did 0-60 in 5.8, 0-70 in 6.9, 0-80 in 8.5

really more than a second off, I see they only warranty the work/car for 12 months/30,000 miles

[ QUOTE ]
Superchips car did 0-60 in 5.8, 0-70 in 6.9, 0-80 in 8.5

[/ QUOTE ]

Any idea on 0-100 ? Actually what is it as standard ?