Alloy brush

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
any recommendations on a alloy wheel brush. Ideally nice and thin to get between the calliper etc to clean the inside.

Thanks

Gyeon Wheel brush. Three different sizes available. Soft microfibre.
Decent price compare to Wheel Woollies.

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
Personally not sold on the Gyeon wheel brush, the actual brush bit keeps falling off mine which is very frustrating when trying to clean back of spokes as the thing just falls off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I went with the Wheel Woolies when asking a similar question at the start of the year:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/best-alloy-wheel-brushes.383321/

The small size out of the set of 3 gets into the gap without any bother, although I think the handle should be a little longer.

I bought them from in2deatailing.co.uk worth checking out thier tyre brush too:
Wheel Woolies 18" Angled Caliper & Spoke Back Wheel Woolie CALIPERWW
Wheel Woolies With Comfort Girps - New Style 3 Piece Wheel Cleaning Kit (B-Kit) WWBKIT_PREMIUM
in2Detailing Tyre Brush

Reactions: CHEZ, Bristle Hound and Toonsoldier91
I went with the Wheel Woolies when asking a similar question at the start of the year:

The small size out of the set of 3 gets into the gap without any bother, although I think the handle should be a little longer.

Wheel Woolies With Comfort Girps - New Style 3 Piece Wheel Cleaning Kit (B-Kit) WWBKIT_PREMIUM
in2Detailing Tyre Brush

Will check them out. It’s just for getting in the backs really as I can use a mit on the front. I’m ideally trying to avoid any wheel cleaner really as it doesn’t help with surface rust on hubs etc

Reactions: josul

in2Detailing Tyre Brush
@Toonsoldier91 - Wheel Woolies all the way
Had mine for 6 years now & still going strong

Reactions: Pook, CHEZ, Toonsoldier91 and 2 others
Incredibrush FLAT version - lovely bit of kit and slips behind the brake disc guards nicely. Can heartily recommend mate, great quality and you can replace the microfibre cover when it eventually wears out (had mine for over a year and still going strong though). Think you can even buy a separate drying cover if you want to dry the barrels after washing.

Ultimate finish have 10% off everything at the moment (next few days) with discount code UFS10
https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/microfiber-madness/incredibrush-flat.aspx

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Toonsoldier91 and Adam14
EZ Detail brush. I much prefer them to Wheel Woolies.

Reactions: NevMan and Toonsoldier91
EZ Detail brush. I much prefer them to Wheel Woolies.

I use both wheel woolies and the EZ detail for getting in the smaller places (like where caliper is)

Reactions: Toonsoldier91 and cuke2u
Wheel woolies for me but haven’t tried the others. I find the tiny brush not that useful but the calliper one is good.

Wheel woolies for me but haven’t tried the others. I find the tiny brush not that useful but the calliper one is good.

Both are good, but I find the ez detail much better for getting into alloy by caliper

Reactions: Pook
Much will always depend upon the design of the wheel, the size, the number of spokes and how close the calipers are. Wheel woolies are fine for my Audi but useless with our fiesta where just a microfiber cloth is able to get between the spokes and the calipers.
Of course a easier way is to jack the car up, so the wheels can be rotated, or the wheels completely removed.

Reactions: NevMan
Much will always depend upon the design of the wheel, the size, the number of spokes and how close the calipers are. Wheel woolies are fine for my Audi but useless with our fiesta where just a microfiber cloth is able to get between the spokes and the calipers.
Of course a easier way is to jack the car up, so the wheels can be rotated, or the wheels completely removed.
I tend to wash all the wheels then drop the car forward half a turn using the valve as a guide then wash them again.

Reactions: cuke2u and A4A4

That is where ez brush is good, as Mini spokes are quite close and have large calipers

Steady now, boasting again ;-)
not at all, just saying that the wheel woollies (bigger ones) don't fit through smaller spokes, and I am certainly NOT going to jack car up every wash, more likely to move car, but to be honest no need

I too use Wheel Wollies in large, medium and small sizes but also find Ettore porcupine cover sleeves - either on a Raceglaze long handle brush or un-supported - mega useful too, like so:

Wheel cleaning mops

Oh, and with diluted domestic Flash of course...

P1020353

not at all, just saying that the wheel woollies (bigger ones) don't fit through smaller spokes, and I am certainly NOT going to jack car up every wash, more likely to move car, but to be honest no need
I was only pulling your leg about having large calipers ;-)

Reactions: NevMan
Yea I like my wheel woolies but was disappointed the smallest brush doesn’t fit in the little gap part of the 5-wing arm alloys. Gotta use a mf and pull through like dental floss. Anyone recommend a brush for this size, it doesn’t need to be anything special as it’s just for this one small gap, it just needs to be super narrow, at least the stalk bit does anyway.